Forumite

Guess whose birthday today

HOME Forums Other Stuff Members Birthdays Guess whose birthday today

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Les.
    Participant
    @oldles

When I looked in this morning, I noticed “No birthdays today”. Maybe I did not enter mine, for my birthday it is today.

I decided as a bit of a wheeze (NOT “wheezing”)! that I would do a little video, and stick it on Vimeo with my few other ones. I have already online a 49min video, so 4 mins should be no problem. However, Vimeo told me I would exceed my limit. I have about 1.5GB of my 5GB allocation, so how come I can’t upload. It seems to suggest I only get a 50MB weekly limit, but that fails to explain the 49min video. Compression maybe? Down to sub 50MB???

Maybe Dave has a suggestion, since it was his suggestion I used Vimeo about 8 years ago from the other forum.

I am sure you will all smile if I manage to upload it.

Les.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 4,504

Stick it on YouTube. You can always make it private and invite people to view it.

Happy Birthday!

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 3,373

I agree, You Tube is the choice these days. I’d forgotten all about Vimeo.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 4,562

Anyway, have a very happy Birthday Les!

‘at ‘aveen some oatcakes?

Better than a cake!

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,303

Les, Yes ignore the set backs and go on and enjoy the day, here’s hoping you had a good if rather hot one.

Good luck finding a ‘home’ for the video, YouTube is very popular for such things at the moment.

Les.
    Participant
    @oldles
    Forumite Points: 634

Thanks all. No oatcakes today Bob, probably not until next time I cross the water to the UK and visit N Staffs.

Anyway, it seems I misread the upload limit, 500MBs per month not 50. I spent a while “duck duck”-ing (as opposed to Googling) and tried FFMPEG to play about with my video. Got it down to something over 200MBs, so successfully uploaded it.

If you want a chuckle, go and look here:-

No melting here, still quite pleasant, so a good, uneventful day with nothing going wrong, and I am now an ffmpeg expert (NOT!)

I will see what I can come up with next year (I hope!!!)

Les.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 2,968

That’s impressive for 78 Les. At 67 I could still do it, but the body would be bent on ( or by )  revenge over the following week for over-doing it!!

One word of caution – some of those logs made it down the inspection pit. Be careful, it might easily become a fire-pit!!??

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 4,562

I would also be impressed, but that’s about par for a 78 yo Potteries lad!

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!
close-image