Happy Birthday Planeman

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Happy Birthday Planeman 2RSB
    @bdthree

Have a good’en Nolan, Plenty of beer.

No Birthdays Today!

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Happy Birthday Planeman 3PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,829

Thanks Lee.

Participant
    Happy Birthday Planeman 4JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 5,012

Happy Birthday, Nolan. :good: :yahoo:

Participant
    @planeman

Thanks John.

Participant
    Happy Birthday Planeman 6Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,581

That went round quick, happy birthday Nolan.

Participant
    @planeman

Damn right it did Dave!

Thanks.

Participant
    Happy Birthday Planeman 8Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,572

Have a good one!

Participant
    Happy Birthday Planeman 9Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 13,353

Pen blwydd Hapus Nolan!

As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two. Happy birthday! :scratch: :yahoo:

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Participant
    @planeman

Thanks all.

Been a pretty good day so far, had a bit of a back lane blast (legit, honest Guv’), my oil for the car turned up after being missing for 12 days (Euro Car Farts strike again, if it wasn’t 40% cheaper than anywhere else I’d have exploded by now), had some exercise kit from my bro and his kids and I just wrecked Amazon.  :yahoo:

I was sent a gift card for Amazon from extended family. Applied it to my account, bought some stuff and the gift card wasn’t used. Couldn’t cancel the order, went around in a loop so I contacted them via chat. The operator couldn’t cancel the order either. Then her access to all the chats apart from mine went down. Then I got booted out of my account and couldn’t log in again.

Eventually I got back into my account and the nice lady had sorted it all for me. I have no idea what actually happened, must be something to do with being 47…………

Participant
    @bullstuff2

Had my own Amazon problem today. Almost 2 weeks ago, I ordered a shelving item that should have been the only one that could fit a strangely-dimensioned storage cupboard. Originally promised delivery for June 11th to 16th. OK, I thought, it’s coming from China, there is a Situation atm, no worries. Today Amazon tell me the order has been cancelled and is no longer available, but there is an alternative. Which is larger by 5 cm width and will not fit.

Bugga!

But glad you had a good day, apart from that. Maybe Amazon deserves an explosion from time to time!

I'm out.

Participant
    Happy Birthday Planeman 12johnbarry
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 4,458

Hope it was a gud un.

Cheers
    John

Participant
    Happy Birthday Planeman 13The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,396

Happy birthday .

Participant
    Happy Birthday Planeman 14Tippon
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 3,896

Happy birthday! :yahoo:

Bit of a coincidence, but earlier today Alice was watching me on the computer, and you were showing as online here. I told her that it was you who sent her the rabbit, and she said ‘Do you mean Bunny, with the tattoo on his chest? That’s amazing!’ She was over the moon :-)

Bunny is a firm favourite, and now has a family. Bunny is the Daddy, Teddy is the Mammy, and a different rabbit, Bunny Rabbit, is the baby. When Alice gets into bed with us for whatever reason, the three of them come along and get assigned to the respective family members. Bunny looks after me, because everyone needs a cuddly toy apparently :yes: :heart:

Participant
    @planeman

Thanks all.

Ryan, that’s epic. :good:

Participant
    @bullstuff2

Love that Ryan, reminds me of when our youngest gdaughter was small (almost 15 now). She had 4 cuddlies: Betty 1, Betty 2, Alice (!) and a piece of old cloth that was once a blanket, which reminded her of mum because it once smelled of mum.

She used to sleepover with us many times, because single parent mum has been deserted by 2 ratbags over the years. So the 4 cuddly items had to come too. Betty 1 was original, very battered so when I spotted Betty 2 in a charity shop window, exactly the same as #1, I bought it, expecting to replace Battered Betty. Oh no! She kept both. I had forgotten the way children love all their routine stuff. Alice was a gift from big brother, and when I gave her a bedtime story, I had to read it to Alice “Because she understands the big words granddad, just like Jack does!” Most of those stories I made up as I went along and I often had her laughing out loud, at which in would come grandma to scold me for keeping her awake.

I love all my grandbrats, but she was special. Not spoiled or favoured over the others, but I did spend a lot of time with her, took her to playgroups and down to Skeg for the Play places. I miss those times, but now she is a very mature 14, there are other times.

I'm out.

Participant
    Happy Birthday Planeman 14Tippon
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 3,896

That sounds lovely Bob :)

Participant
    @bullstuff2

Yes Ryan, love them all, but the youngest has another pair of grandparents who she does not like, and it is rare for her to express negative comments about anyone, never mind grandparents. Once at a family party these two attended, I was rolling about on the play area grass with our youngest, after which her other grandma commented that I was acting like a child myself. I thought for a bit, then said “Well I got older, but still never really grew up. You just aged.” (with great emphasis on ‘aged’.) They are the sort who give grandchildren money when they (rarely) see them, but don’t know how to give them love. That’s reflected in their 3 offspring: two sons divorced, both twice. One daughter who lives down South and refuses to see them.

I heard a snort of laughter behind me, it was my daughter. Relations between her and her in laws never recovered. Today daughter lives in a lovely large house that she worked to build up from an old cottage, raised every penny herself. Gdaughter’s dad lives in a Winnebago RV on a pub car park, because he ‘can’t work, won’t work.’

I'm out.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.