Forumite

Happy New Year

HOME Forums Other Stuff Happy New Year

• Creator
    Topic
    Blocked
    Robin Long
    @knightmare007

Well I hope everyone has a prosperous 2017, here’s to a future without Micromart.

Cheers Knight,

RIP Spike09 Your Missed
    If I'm not here, I'm there.

Finally joined Twitter! longr79

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 6,722

Happy new year. The sad smiley in the back of the mad. ☹

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,425

Happy New Year to one and all – very quiet night last night, except for the poxy fireworks winding the dogs up!! – nothing worth watching on real time tele, Robbie was as naff, if not naffer, than previous years, Hootenanny was dire, ended up watching the ITV news review and switching back to BBC1 for the fireworks, then caught up with a few previously recorded programmes. Plus a couple of large single malts:D

Looks like we in the South are in for the rain coming down from the North later today. Welcome to a wet winter!!:(

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 12,471

Happy New Year to all here, especially Lee who provides the Lifeboat: well done, young man!

John you Southerners are not the only ones getting wet. Here in Lincolnshire it’s been raining since I got up and the precipitation continueth in large and small doses all day. Friends and relatives from Staffordshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire tell the same story. :negative:

TV was certainly the worst New Year I remember. Chaka Khan, wearing the world’s worst wig, pudding-face caked in coloured Polyfilla, in a wetsuit built for 3 people (still too tight on that obscene body)! Horrifying, should be used to frighten children into behaving well! Jools Holland has finally lost it.

I am actually related to Robbie Williams, (in the family he is ‘Rob’ not Robbie) his dad and my dad had a family connection, forget the nature of it. We have the same name, and I used to like some of his music. His early entertainment and associated antics, demonstrated how much we were related: he was as daft as a brush. After that performance, his ego has been Americanised and his talent has shrunk to microscopic dimensions. :unsure:

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Blocked
    dwynnehugh
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 2,184

May I too extend a Happy New Year to all on ‘Forumite’ and to thank Lee who has made a great effort to continue in our old tradition.

This is my first post on the new one so if it’s wrong in any way please bear with me. I did try to wish everyone a HNY this morning but it went wrong and didn’t appear.

Hoping for better luck this time.

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

Bob, I don’t think anybody escaped that rain today. It started off New Years Eve stretching from Northern Ireland to Northern Scotland and spent yesterday travelling South.:( It’s just gone midnight and on to the 2nd now and we’re still getting the last dregs of it.

Participant
    The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,083

Happy new year all. Had a great new year’s day, had no kids, So stayed in bed till 2pm. Dropped wife at mother in law’s , went pub, watched football , went in law’s, ate too much, drank more and was in bed for 10pm !

So now I’m up and ready to start the new year. Happy new year all, here is to a better 2017 ?

I actually woke at 4am, went down to make a coffee and heard giggling congratulations form my 8 year olds room, turn out as no one told her to turn the iPad off, she just kept watching it! Little madam. She will be tired tomorrow as she is up at 8, as school starts Wednesday.

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

lol 3.30 I woke, mind I was in bed for 6pm. I think I had the stomach bug going round yesterday. Tried to do a roast with the little energy I had but most of it is still left a ndm waisted. Just aching a little today now but Ill see bow it goes. Footies on this aft so A nice start to the year.

Participant
    The Duke
    @sgb101

Hope your feeling better.  I’m tired again now ! Stupid body clock.

Yes can’t wait for the footy, a wee bit nervous hoping we don’t undo our 100% Xmas run. I went up to Sunderland last Jan for this fixture , think it was the 10th, we got beat!

And you can’t get out the place. It was a late game, so never got out the ground to gone 10, stuck in a one way around the ground for an hour (like most games), but the kicker is there is one road along the river bank to the bridge that leads to the motorway. It took 3 hours to make it the motorway before I could start the 4 or 5 hour drive . Iirc it was either lashing down or foggy, so I couldn’t even gun it . Got home about 5am!  So not going today, even though it’s a 3pm kick off.

Given its 3pm, means a dodgy titnernet stream! Stupid premier league rights.

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

I don’t  know about anyone else but I feel my Christmas  did not start till sunday just gone so I have decided I am having an extra day, Bank Holiday Tuesday ?

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

It’s that time again, Happy New Year to all :)

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,381

Hope everyone has a cracking new year, if it’s been a bit shite, may it get a lot better, if it’s been good then more of the same.

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

Best Wishes for the New Year to all of the Forumites, young, old, fit, less so!!!

May all that gave you grief through 2019 stay in the rear-view mirror and all that bodes well for 2020 be on the horizon getting ever closer.

Another big “Thank you!!” to Lee for all his efforts, through what seems to have been a trying time for him. Cheers, mate!!

Participant
    Mark Turner
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 493

Wishing all you forumites a happy new year I hope you all have a good one. And as JayCeeDee says thanks to Lee for keeping this small group of us together even when he was at a low point himself. THANK YOU

Participant
    The Duke
    @sgb101

Happy new year all

Blocked
    wasbit
    @wasbit
    Forumite Points: 1,326

Was going to reply to an earlier post then realised it was several years old.

Happy new year all.

--
    Regards
    wasbit

Rig 1: Zalman Media Centre Rebuild (i3-540)
    Rig 2: Hp Elitebook 8440P (The Dave Laptop Special)
    The Dave Special & The 43 Special are still giving sterling service with new owners

Dear Starfleet, hate you, hate the Federation, taking Voyager. - Janeway

Blocked
    keith with the teef
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 2,458

YUP,  have a goodly one. :)

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

It’s been a wierd one this year. First Christmas and New Year on my own, don’t think I have seen an other human since Christmas eve apart from a quick trip up the road to Morrisons at 7 this morning. Not that I am complaining much. I much prefer my own head space most of the time.

However, saying all the above I have had the cats to occupy me. Infact the little one “Chewey” made me laugh last night which I have not done in while, in fact not laugh but nearly piss my self. My pine bed as like a large pine head board at the top and one at the bottom which is a little shorter. She has the habbit of speeding around the house rather than walking. This time she decided to jump on the bed from the bottom miss judging the hight and doing what can only be decribed as a rolly-polly in mid air landing on her nogging. Obviously getting up, looking round and making out nothing happened :)

Other than that though it’s been quiet. I have not been dicking about with big Christmas dinners. I have mainly been using the slow cooker for chicken, beef and lamb tommorow etc… Slow cooked with some veg and potatoes. Casserole sort of thing but all good and healthy. I got loads of stuff before Christmas such as ready made roasts, stuffing and yorkshire puds but they have not been touched. The only thing I have craved over Christmas though and I have not had any is Tinned Meatballs in gravy :) Yes most will turn there nose up at them but I have a fetish for them :) . Strangley though, I dot like the branded one’s such as fray bentos. I only seem to like asda’s own. I did like Morrisons but they stopped doing them.

Anyhow I was given some mixed ales such as black sheep, Bishops finger and so on which I am having some of tonight. The rest of the time I have been trying to find my perfect o/s setup which I think I have which as taken a week trying out diffrent stuff and I’ll put something up about that later.

Oh, well. All the best and happy birthday forumite :)

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by RSB.

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 14,785

I’ll echo all the voices saying Happy New Year and all the best for this one. Thanks also to Lee for all his efforts in providing a very stable lifeboat. (Much more stable than the old MM).

I’ll also echo Lee’s comments on how quiet it has been. Everyone seems very ‘down’ in this part of the world, and shops are nearly empty. Even the usual 4am ‘vomit comet’ bus has fewer, quieter, teenage occupants.

Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 4,171

Happy New year to all, hope you have a belta 2020.

Lee I had a message from you, I was on my tablet and lost the message (don’t like tablets) I can’t find the message.

It's said to be easy when you know how. If you don't know how, then you need the help of forumites.

Cheers
    John

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 12,471

Happy and healthy 2020 to all of us, not forgetting Graham (WoF) currently battling with his cardiac issues in hospital. Good wishes Graham, get well soon, we are all rooting for you.

Returned from granddaughter’s New Year party earlier, which is the reason for the late response to this topic. Met all my GD’s in laws and found common ground with her partner’s granddad: similar ages, similar working background, knew my old Notts village well and drank in the same pubs a few times, long ago. He even pronounced it as locals do. We stayed in a really nice hotel, the Tulip Queen, Sleaford. Reception in the pub/restaurant, key card entry to 2 doors then the room, which was really nice. £69 for the night with full English breakfast, only fault was the TV which was a good Philips 40″, but no BBC channels due to it being Freeview and the atmospheric conditions messing with the channels.

Ate too much party food as usual, paid for it later as usual!

Have a great year Forumites, all the best to all.

And my team starts the year with a win, 4th in the championship. CumonUreduns!

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Due to the Corona Virus some changes have been made to Forumite. These include free membership and a dedicated area for the Corona Virus.
PLEASE READ 
Close