Forumite

Has anyone else been offered the Windows 10 May 2019 Update ?

HOME Forums Tech Windows Talk Has anyone else been offered the Windows 10 May 2019 Update ?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by johnbarry 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Boris
    @boris

…… and been brave enough to try it ?

Just got the option on one of my PCs, so I’m going to image the current installation and give it a go later on !

Never trust an atom - they make up everything !

Viewing 7 replies - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 3,017

I have just checked and Settings\Windows Update tells me I’m up to date.

Confusingly winver tells me I’m on Version 1809 ( OS Build 17758.1 ) which on checking Update History I find it was installed 15/09/20108.

Are MS sulking because I came off the Insider Program?? I highly doubt it, but I can’t work out why WU is clearly telling me the wrong thing.

On checking further in the Update History it showed me that the Windows Defender Definition Updates had failed to install, so I activated WD, despite having Kaspersky Internet Security working, and it has updated to today’s definitions. Do I need to disable WD or can two AV’s work in sync ( I had always thought otherwise). Updating WD has made no difference to Windows Update which still shows me on 1809, but apparently up to date!!

PS – Windows Update Troubleshooter couldn’t see a problem.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 6,514

Kaspersky seems to play well with Windows Defender, in fact Defender senses when Kaspersky is off-line updating etc.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

Kaspersky seems to play well with Windows Defender, in fact Defender senses when Kaspersky is off-line updating etc.

Cheers.

Boris
    @boris
    Forumite Points: 1,311

I have just checked and Settings\Windows Update tells me I’m up to date. Confusingly winver tells me I’m on Version 1809 ( OS Build 17758.1 ) which on checking Update History I find it was installed 15/09/20108.

The latest 1809 is June 18, 2019—KB4501371 (OS Build 17763.592) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4501371

Your OS Build 17758.1 is still Insider ???

Never trust an atom - they make up everything !

D-Dan
    Participant
    @d-dan
    Forumite Points: 1,403

My only Windows 10 install is in a VM (cost £5.99 for a full pro license) and I have it on the insider program (so probably more up to date than the thread). Apart from it being Windows, no problems.

Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB, 6 (yes - 6) HDs inc 2 SSDs, 4 RPi 3Bs + 1 RPi 4B - one as an NFS server with two more drives, PiHole (shut yours), Plex server, cloud server, and other random Pi stuff. Nice CoolerMaster case, NV GTX 1060 6GB, and a whopping 32" AOC 1440P monitor.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

Well, I tried the troubleshooter and it didn’t improve the situation, so there was an option of “get help” on the Settings page so I thought I’d try that.

The MS agent asked if I wanted to let him take over and check up, which I declined. He then ran me through a couple of commands in cmd ( admin mode ) which I ran,

net stop wuauserv

cd %systemroot%

ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

net start wuauserv

and

net stop cryptsvc

ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 Catroot2.old

net start cryptsvc

did a re-start and nothing had changed.

This afternoon I decided to do it manually and d/l’d Windows 10 Update Assistant, set it to run and when it had d/l’d everything restarted twice and I’m now on 1903 OS Build 18362.175.

Happy camper for the time being. Happiness will be continued if it keeps preparing to update itself as needed.

The phone accessed the internet straight off the bat, so it seems no WiFi problems.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 2,435

John, I just got the same message Both are currently running the latest version of 1809.

I love it that I am not the only one.

However since doing a fresh Install and updating 1803-09? it’s now updating to 1903, it must be ready at last.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 7 replies - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!
close-image