Forumite General Topics Tech Other Tech Hermes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    johnbarry
    Participant
      @johnbarry

I am awaiting a parcel from Hermes, using the app yesterday it said with the courier will be delivered today (being yesterday 15/05/20) I don’t expect it that quick but it says today, it didn’t arrive

Today the app is saying we have your parcel and processing it.

What’s the point of an app as it seems to be going backwards.

<hr />

I can’t find aForum to put this in, Other Stuff is sub for Birthdays.

Cheers
      John

PlaneMan
      Participant
        @planeman

Delivery dates are all over the place at the moment John.

Unless you’ve paid for a guaranteed date there’s not much you can do.

With Hermes it all depends on your local courier.

Mine is brilliant, he knows my car so won’t even bother trying to deliver unless my car is outside, instead he just sends me a text message and I tell him when I’ll be in. If only all couriers were that good……

johnbarry
        Participant
          @johnbarry

(Delivery dates are all over the place at the moment)

True PM

It did say with the local courier, maybe he took it back? hence they got it again.

Not dealt much with hermes, I am not sure but I think they email to say with Local Courier. Then I might get it today (day of email).

I will have to befriend the courier and maybe get the same service as you.

Cheers
          John

Bob Williams
          Participant
            @bullstuff2

Speaking of deliveries, (hijacking this thread) I have had very few problems, most of mine lately have been UPS or DPD. However, I have been waiting since May 5th for a bottle of Isopropyl alcohol from Amazon, supplier being MG Chemicals, which is a UK company and states that they do not deal with China. Every time I check Amazon Tracking, the message is ‘not yet despatched’ and ‘an email will be sent to you when this item is despatched’. I have found MGC customer services email and asked that they give me more info, before I am forced to cancel with Amazon and look elsewhere.

Amazon Prime deliveries: some are delayed, but not by much IME. Hermes I have had (bad) experience with in the past, or rather my SWMBO has. The local courier, who lived around the corner from us at the time, was a good bloke. He worked for another company eventually because every time he made a delivery there was at least one other customer asking where his order was. But Yodel is the one company that I do not like to see on my screen, saying they are delivering one of my orders. They are crap.

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
            I'm out.

Ed P
            Participant
              @edps

IPA is in high demand and the new demand is in smaller bottles unlike their typical 5-25 litre trade sales.

I guess filling line problems is why it took two weeks for my UK supplied 1 litre bottle to arrive.

Bob Williams
              Participant
                @bullstuff2

Good points Ed, I had not thought this through. Filling a higher demand for smaller bottles requires more workforce and they will have to be observing social distancing. makes sense.

I'm out.

Dave Rice
                Participant
                  @ricedg

My IPA comes in 330ml cans, but we have been warned by the brewery there is a long delay in getting cans so mini kegs or 10 litre bibs are the best bet.

Bob Williams
                  Participant
                    @bullstuff2

Gave me a giggle Dave, nice one!

:good: :yahoo:

I'm out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shopping cart

image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping
                  Forumite