Huawei P20 pro

HOME Forums Tech Android Talk Huawei P20 pro

This topic contains 42 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Tippon 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

The Duke
    @sgb101

Just took delivery of said phone. It’s err really good, camera is fantastic and it feels quick, and the design is really nice.

However it lacks something. In under 10 mins I decided it wasn’t for me, so I offered it the wife. She gave it 20 mins and said no. So back it goes .

I need a new phone as my pixel, has got a nasty habit of rebooting iteslf about 4 times a day. It got an update this morning, which has mad it even worse!

Think ill save myself a ton of money and get the next moto g.

I’m a little sad as the P20p is really nice. Though got a lot of Huawei apps preinstalled. A shock for me as I’ve been on the pixel and nexus wagon for a long time. Bit give it has 128gb storage, it wouldn’t bother me.

Spread the love
Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Replies

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 634

How long you had the Pixel Duke – is it out of warranty and you are just writing it off? Seems a shame for premium phone? Those things cost proper money!

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 1,599

I got the day of release. So it’s over a year, but under 2. I’ll definitely be looking into having it fixed. I love the little thing.

Since I opened this thread it’s rebooted twice more, probably 8 or ten times since 7am. So I’ve upacked the p20p once more and decided to give it a go.

Time will tell.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 1,787

I guess you went through the Google help page for the Pixel. Their ultimate is a factory reset and then get in touch with their support team.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Ed P.

The Duke
    @sgb101

I actually forgot about one of the pixels best features, from in the phone settings you have a direct line to Google. I’m currently Charing to a guy now. Hopefully I can get it sent back to them. I did buy it direct from them also, so should make it simpler.

The Duke
    @sgb101

Took all of 2 mins, they are sending me a new pixel. Cool.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 687

Result!!👍👍

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 634

Happy Days! Disappointing that the phone has played up but fair play for customer service.

The Duke
    @sgb101

Definitely . Now I just need to make a decision on the P20p. It’s low light performance is something else.

The pixel is hardly bad, but this is something else.

Yes I’ve unboxed it again. But I don’t think I can justify keeping it, especially as I’m just not excited about it. That’s not saying it’s bad at all. As it’s far from.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 687

Keep it as a spare for the next time one of the kids break their phone – you just know that time will come sooner than you want!!

The Duke
    @sgb101

JC I don’t give my kids expensive phones. I have a max £200 cut off for my fat fingered clumsy offspring.

I ain’t made of money.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

Imo better to keep your Pixel and spend that sort of money on an FLIR attachment.  Not only does it have a value in finding areas in your house that need insulating, it also takes really interesting pictures in the dark! link

[edit] The USBC version is a little more expensive, but not as outrageous as the Apple version!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Ed P.

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 1,117

Fair play to Google for customer service, up there with Amazon.

The P20 Pro looks good, especially the camera setup. If it’s not ‘your thing’ then so be it. Bank the £ and spend it on a car instead!!!! 😁

My Instagram

My YouTube

The Duke
    @sgb101

Lol, oh the cars incoming. Though need to get the hols out the way first.

The camera is very good like fantastic good. Video not so. Not even close to anyhthing I’ve had in the last few years. I’d bet the one plus one was better in the video dept. Which I thought poor at the time of owning it. And I loved that one plus one.

The Duke
    @sgb101

Seems my pixel may be ok after all. The P20p started crashing last night when i launched dogCatcher.

I’ll still let google give me a new one. Be rude not to.

Once i get a new pixel, ill start testing for what app is making my phones unstable.

Though the pixel is crashing every 30 mins, so the reboots may of broken something.

Phone crashed last time tried to post this!

The Duke
    @sgb101

The battery on the P20p is different class. Took off charge at 11:30h, and have been string Now tv since. Liverpool game, now F1.

in the 4 hours its dropped to 66%. Not bad at all.

There is two power saving modes to, one reckons it can get up to 7 days on a full charge. Though i doing id ever get anywhere near that.

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 1,117

The OnePlus5T is superb with it’s battery. 2 days of proper use is possible. My LG G5 would be down to about 30% after a normal day for me, light for some people

My Instagram

My YouTube

The Duke
    @sgb101

I forgot about the 5T, loved my plus 1.

I’ve figured out what I’m not loving about the P20p. It’s size, its no bigger than my 6p, bit i gradually worked up to that size.

I’d always had huge phones for years, and was the reason i went for the smaller pixel. It was the first real high end small phone. So going from the 5″ pixel to this 6.1″ monsters, is quite a jump. The 4000mah battery makes it feel heavy too. Also it’s full glass makeup makes it slippery. All added together doesn’t make it feel great om the hand.

I have a cheap clear case incoming. And a custom skin to add some colour and grip forbid i decide to not use a case.

Drezha
    Participant
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 439

Shame you Pixel is still good, as I’m selling my 5T already!

Back to the Big Apple. 🙄

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

Yep a slippery 5inch phone without a case is top-pocket toilet-pan fodder!

The Duke
    @sgb101

I’ve just bought a friggin P20p I’m not made of money. Lol.

I may even sell the replacement pixel as New (unless its a referb) they seem to be fetching decent money on eBay. Though im not sure i could part with it.

You don’t half get through phones Chris, i dont know why you don’t just stick with Apple, as it seems to pull you back every 6 months.

This P20p is very iphone x looking. Especially if you disable the on screen android buttons. Which i have.

It’s a great not of kit, i shouldn’t be so hard on it. The 41mp camera is something else. The front shooter, i think is 20mp but its takes horrid shots. I need to find out if you can disable the ‘beauty ‘ mode that it defaults too. Makes you look like you have makeup on. It’s very aggressive. Very naff.

Though i never use it, i only video call with my 9-year-old. And that wouldn’t beautify anyhow, just selfies, which I’m a tad too old for.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love