Forumite

I can't see the menu

HOME Forums Tech Other Tech I can't see the menu

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

I can’t see the forumite menu on my desktop pcs. Whether I use ff ie edge or opera. i can see it on my tablet on my tablet I can’t see the title bar when posting I had to guess where it was

Cheers
    John

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 1,902

Whats your screen res John?

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 2,412

I just thought the difference with desk and tablet is the res and you mentioned it before. It’s 768 X ???.  I can’t change it as it suits my eyes, I will have to use the tablet for the forum, not often as the tablet doesn’t help my back neck etc. The res is higher on tablet bu i got it under my nose

Cheers
    John

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 2,968

John – by menu do you mean the three bars, or the long blue bar with forums, news, ads, social, etc.

If you hover your mouse over the word forums, you’ll see a drop down box with lots of options, – latest replies, latest topics, new topic etc.

Is that what you’re looking for?

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

No Jaycee all I see is an empty blue bar   except The forum motive far left top

Cheers
    John

Chewey
    Participant
    @chewey
    Forumite Points: 76

The problem is John’s 🙂 is the desktop menu kicks in at something like 1028  “Width” and JB is saying his width is 768  which is mobile menu size however a desktop is still being detected so he get’s nothing! Are you sure JB that 768 is the width? Its sounds very low.

Edit: Just noticed I am posting with my cats account.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

1024×768

Cheers
    John

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

I tried 1280 and the menu is there sadly I can only use 1024 and have always used it

Cheers
    John

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

Ok John leave it with me. Got to nip out in a bit for half an hour but I’ll have a think on the situation.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Nice one I wilhave a lookin morn body ache now

Cheers
    John

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

I think that should be fixed for every one now. Just need JB @johnbarry and his PC and JD @jayceedee with the pad to confirm that.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

Menu selection ( three bars ) are there on the correctly sized blue bar on the iPad. That leads to a drop down menu as it should – Cheers Lee.

On the PC the blue bar is there along with the drop downs. ??

With the You! is that there to remind me who I am, in case I forget?? – a strong possibility these days!!!??

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Sadly it’s the same, I changed  screen res to 1280 x 600 to login and post this.

or so I thought looking at the picture after posting this, the menu is there, so all is fine

Cheers
    John

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

I noticed when I login the menu isn’t there, after a few seconds it appears, so when I fist looked the menu wasn’t there, by the time I screenshot the menu appeared.

It’s the same as on the tablet.

That’ll do for me cheers Lee

Cheers
    John

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

@jayceedee YOU! will be settings, profile etc… At some point tonight. I’ll be trying to get everything sorted tonight as it’s nearly end of my spare time for a week or so.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

All you’ve done from inception to this point has helped keep us ex-MM’ers together, and much kudos and thanks for that.

Fully understand that paying work is your priority, and am glad there’s some around for you.

The You! comment was more about my crap memory than a nudge to you, so in your time. There’s enough here to keep us going for now.

Edit – I like the notification panel top right – it’s big and red and in your face!! Better than the red number by the letter.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

@jayceedee Yes I need to fix that though. When someone clears there messages that block goes away and in turn, turns the search block red.

There is a reason for the changes which is part of everything going on personally which I will get round to, maybe tomorrow shedding some light on in the group I named “Whats Happening With Me” which I will try and describe what a bitch of time I am having with the solicitor and maybe some forumites may see something I have missed.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

It’s likely some may have gone through a similar situation, or a version of it.

Richard, iirc has had dealings with the legal profession on family/inheritance or power of attorney issues so may have an insight.

It’s easy to say, but hang in there. When you’re living through sh1t it seems like it’s never ending, but 6 months or a year down the line it’ll just be bad memories you came out the other side of.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

Ok, so new settings button which was the YOU! button should have everything that is needed.

wasbit
    Participant
    @wasbit
    Forumite Points: 565

I also had a couple of days where the top banner took up half the screen – then it went back to normal.

--
    Regards
    wasbit

Rig 1: Zalman Media Centre Rebuild (i3-540)
    Rig 2: Hp Elitebook 8440P (The Dave Laptop Special)
    The Dave Special & The 43 Special are still giving sterling service with new owners

Dear Starfleet, hate you, hate the Federation, taking Voyager. - Janeway

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 2,682

All working well on my Android mobile at the moment, keep up the good work ?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!
close-image