It's a lovely day here.

This topic contains 41 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Sunshine, blue skies, windy, occasional clouds. SIL rang earlier from their home in Derbyshire Peaks to say it was pouring down and blowing a gale. Usually we get the same within a couple of hours as it passes from west to east. Today it was making its way NE to SW and missed us as SWMBO and I walked 3 miles south and 3 miles back, along Mablethorpe seafront, taking a break part way for lovely Scampi, chips and mushy peas at “Mr. G’s” restaurant. We could see rain coming down from heavy black clouds south of us, but nothing here. Sun shining on the Righteous? Pics at Mablethorpe: –

Looking South.

Looking North (my Gert will hate me putting this pic on.) Some good rollers coming in, I love the sound of breaking waves.

Wanna see the welcome that callers at my door receive?

Hospitable, that’s me.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Spread the love
Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,209

My third walk of the day saw me dash home in the middle of a hail storm. The ‘Fit’ application on the phone decided not to bother counting the steps, distance or activity, or the sensors could not keep up. The forth dog walk saw better weather, some sun, no hail, but still a biting sharply cold wind. Yesterday we though the Husky was ill, she would not eat, stayed in her basket and almost had to be dragged out for a walk. I turned out she hates the strong wind, the other one hates the snow but did not mind either the wind or the rain. The range of their sensitivities are getting more like humans every day.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 1,297

Looking at the news just now, I was concerned whether Steve had managed to keep his feet dry!! Luckily iirc he’s halfway up a mountain so should have a good view of the big puddles!!

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 2,275

Yes it’s been nice here too. A quick shower or two at the end but too late to spoil things.

The wind was biting though. B-I-L didn’t take the top down on his mid life crisis motor (08 Boxster with only 6k on the clock).

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 2,583

Been terrible here since about Tuesday. Blowing a hooligan, freezing and rain on and off. Just normal northwales crappy weather.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,325

Looking at the news just now, I was concerned whether Steve had managed to keep his feet dry!! Luckily iirc he’s halfway up a mountain so should have a good view of the big puddles!!

No, BL, he’s actually halfway down. Hehe. 😋🤗

The Duke
    @sgb101

I’m a glass half full type of guy. I’m half way up. 😉

I didn’t see your post John otherwise I’d of replied last night. Soz.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

👍👍

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict
    Forumite Points: 860

Just seen your pics of your walk, Bob.   That’s the kind of walk I love to take around 4am on a mid summer morning.   Sun up, open space, waves rolling in but absolutely no-one in sight.   The bliss that at times total solitude can be.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

The Duke
    @sgb101

We finally got some good wether yesterday. Bule and sunny. Though the temps dropped once the sun went down.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman

Today is a new kettle of fish for us with no overnight or morning rain. I went out with the dogs and is was just under ten degrees, now an hour or two later it is showing just under seventeen, that is progress. No hat or gloves today and no mud bath for the dogs, civilisation may yet be saved. A check of the garden for new ‘produce’ produced an image of this odd fungus, several outcrops of which have been noticed, they looked fresher yesterday. I always assume that anything no known is not safe so will not be trying to eat this or let anything, or anyone eat this ‘crop’.

keith with the teef
    Participant
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 713

Bird song this morning in my village was amazing. It is that time of year now when the birds do overtime on song.

The Duke
    @sgb101

I love the bird sounds. We have the trees on the mountain, and directly behind my how a old anandanded caravan park with trees and open ground, prime himting area. So as soon as dawn breaks they get Loud. The window is still closed arm, but it won’t be long untill it’s open untill october. I do enjoy the morning call.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

A check of the garden for new ‘produce’ produced an image of this odd fungus, several outcrops of which have been noticed,

That looks quite familiar. We get that sometimes too. I think it’s a ‘by-product’ of dog poo. No matter how often you clear up, ( my neighbour calls it clearing land mines!! ) there’s sometimes just a small residue left and this is what grows. It gets bagged with the rest of the poo and I pour boiling water on where the stalk or root would be, that clears it up in that spot, but there are bound to be others later on.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

Travelling back from North Wales today. Lovely so far and the tide was in coming past Steve’s way. Makes a change! Waves not mud 😉

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 2,087

It was gloomy here today so after getting my car sorted I headed down the cost to Southerndown then down to Dunraven Bay.

I couldn’t see a thing at the car park on top of the cliff, literally nothing, fog was that dense over the sea. By the time I’d gone down the hill to Dunraven Bay it was clearing up so manged to get a few photos before the rain started.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman

That looks quite familiar. We get that sometimes too. I think it’s a ‘by-product’ of dog poo. No matter how often you clear up, ( my neighbour calls it clearing land mines!! ) there’s sometimes just a small residue left and this is what grows. It gets bagged with the rest of the poo and I pour boiling water on where the stalk or root would be, that clears it up in that spot, but there are bound to be others later on.

While that could be the issue, in this case I suspect the death of an old poplar tree in the neighbour’s garden. This had extensive roots that stretched into our garden and disrupted various things before it died a year or two back.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

I love the second one Nolan. Any chance you can pop me a link to a full size copy?

PlaneMan
    @planeman

Will do Dave.

Give me a few minutes, have to find that exact one again….

My Instagram

My YouTube

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,325

Colder and cloudy today, but yesterday was like Tuesday, a bit warmer in fact at 18ºC. We had to visit the Mablethorpe library, so had another 6-mile bash, fed and watered at another restaurant. Healthy option was salad, unhealthy was Lincolnshire sausages, bacon, eggs and toast with ½ gallon of tea. Guess which I had? We ate before the walk, had to walk it all off!

There was a stupid elderly woman, part of a party of 4, who tried to bring her dog inside, despite the notices banning dogs. At her insistent “The dog goes where I go!” the manageress said “OK then you go outside, there are tables out there.”

She sat outside with the dog, eating her meal, feeding the dog bread and chips. I had enough of seeing a dog being fed incompatible food, so I went out and informed her that she was giving her dog indigestible, unsuitable food. This was not well received, I was roundly abused, so calmly informed her that she was my Stupid Person for the day and I hoped not to meet another.

People are so quick to take offence …

PlaneMan
    @planeman

Dave, here you are.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love