LED Hut goes into administration – but trades on using the same name

HOME Forums Home and DIY Electrics LED Hut goes into administration – but trades on using the same name

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by JayCeeDee 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

I’ve been waiting for some replacement LED’s, for faulty items, from LED Hut and their usual sterling service has been lacking. I now know why.

Copied from an email I received today.

Good Afternoon John

Thank you very much for your email.

We are sorry to hear of your issues attempting get any form of update on your purchase / replacement / claim as well as being unable to speak to a member of staff.

LED Hut Fulfilment Services Ltd with whom you purchased the items from were placed into administration on June 16th 2019 – the administrators being KPMG.

Certain assets were acquired by Supreme 88 Ltd who will continue to trade under the LED Hut brand name, we would like the opportunity to try to help out if we can and investigate the availability of fulfilling any products you were expecting to receive from LED Hut Fulfilment Services Ltd.

We can’t however make any promises until we investigate fully on a case by case basis, but we do recognise the urgency of this situation.

Please re-email customerservices@ledhut.co.uk – mark the subject “LedHut in Administration” and we will make this a priority.

Kind Regards

Tamara

Hopefully the new owners will continue to offer the quality and great service the previous people did – providing they didn’t over do the value versus profit formula and cause problems for themselves!!

• This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by JayCeeDee.
Spread the love
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 3,559

Must admit that I have been using Amazon instead of LED Hut for a long while now. Prime gave me 24hour service at competitive rates, and was not sending me junk mail every week!

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,306

I get all my bulbs at Screwfix via my leccy grandson’s trade account.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 1,295

Must admit that I have been using Amazon instead of LED Hut for a long while now. Prime gave me 24hour service at competitive rates, and was not sending me junk mail every week!

I get all my bulbs at Screwfix via my leccy grandson’s trade account.

How are they both on returns for faulty bulbs, because LED Hut excelled at that?

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 3,559

Amazon is a no questions asked on returns, but never yet had a faulty one! Based on Steve’s advice I have switched to using wifi enabled rgb lights as these also give the ability to schedule lights when we go away etc. These are however more expensive than the plain whites. The range I have been using are Lumiman coupled with the PlusMinus Android app.

I was not so happy with LEDHut however as they seemed to use Chibay sources as bulb shrouds etc often detached when trying to fit a bulb.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Ed P.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,306

JCD, never had a problem at the Louth Screwfix store with any returns, but had a problem with deliveries ordered “click & collect” online. I posted on here some time ago that I had bought some 2 to 3 power socket converters for my leccy gson to fit. When they arrived, 2 were actually broken and had been sealed in plastic broken! 2 more were supplied with the wrong size backing plates. The store manager went ballistic, I actually witnessed him giving someone a rocket on the phone. He not only sorted it out within 24 hours, he got me a £10 voucher as compensation. For future purchases, he told me to pick stuff online, take the Screwfix codes, and go to the store with them. When they arrive, the staff are told to always inspect orders before handing them over.

I have not had an LED bulb fail yet, hope that is not tempting fate!

Moral is: always go to your local store. There is a B&Q store a few yards away (same Group) and they have exactly the same products in some cases, at higher prices. Screwfix will give anyone a trade discount card (and keyring card) whilst B&Q have dropped their Over Sixties discount on Wednesdays. Someone should tell me the sense in that, I can’t work it out!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Bob Williams.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,204

I have had a few LED bulbs fail over time, but the failure rate appears to have tapered off as the LEDs have become more established. The garden ones have all come via Amazon but it did not occur to me to investigate the time before they failed, most were only a few pennies anyway and survived years, rather than the months of other garden bulbs. A few household LEDs have failed, though after several years. The CFLs were far worse, being far from long life. Most of the LEDs have been bought when the old tungsten lights fail, even though I have about a 50 years supply of spare tungsten bulbs! Probably half of the in situ tungsten bulbs were put in when we moved in 27 years ago and have yet to be replaced, I now replace them in sets if one fails, mobility is becoming an issue, so I just hope that the LEDs last at least as long as the old tungsten ones.  Often the LEDs came from whoever had a sale when the humour took me; I bought on prices, pure and simply. With some rooms having as many as 10 bulbs in their ceiling fittings, costs and physical challenges can mount up, so price drives me.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 1,295

………..whilst B&Q have dropped their Over Sixties discount on Wednesdays. Someone should tell me the sense in that, I can’t work it out!

Cheers, Bob. Yes, that ticked me off as well and so consequently I don’t use them so much  anymore. When I’ve been working on houses, I used to organise all purchases to be made on Wednesdays and now I just buy wherever is cheapest across the board for the same product – God Bless the internet!!

I was not so happy with LEDHut however as they seemed to use Chibay sources as bulb shrouds etc often detached when trying to fit a bulb.

Thanks Ed. Not had any fall apart but those that had blown had always been speedily replaced – at times without the need to send the blown one back – but perhaps that policy may have caught up with them.

Thanks all!!😀😀

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love