Locked out!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by johnbarry 6 days, 15 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Hi Lee

I have no idea what happened, but this morning and most of the day I was blocked from the Forum. I eventually got in by bypassing my Firefox bookmark link and doing a straight login via Google, using  https://forumite.co.uk and my password. At first the link took me to your website creation page, so I backed out and tried again. Straight in to Forumite! Then I had a message from a mate that the latest Firefox update was messing up some of his links. I checked with the FF Community and there were more complaints about the update. So the problem was at my end, but caused by FF. I am going to delete my original FF bookmark link and reinstate it tomorrow – oh wait, it IS tomorrow!

Back later today then.😊🤓😆

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Spread the love
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 1,295

Similar thing happened to me yesterday morning. I was at the hospital with a friend, and while she was being seen, thought I’d check on the forum using my phone.

I had a similar thing to Bob happen, but I used LastPass to access the site. What I actually accessed was a WordPress page that was offering me background theme options. I backed right out of it, went back in to the site through Chrome, without logging in, and the site was readable but different. Because I don’t access it from the phone very much, I couldn’t definitely say what was different, but it felt wrong. That was about 11.30.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 1,373

I was updating the server yesterday which went terribly wrong so it was up and down all day. I need to update the site today so it may be up and down again.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

I have updated everything – Let me know if there issues!

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,306

Still get logged in to your Work site Lee. Interesting, hope the changes come off! No worries, instead of using the FF bookmark, I just use the forum address in Google and get straight in. You look to have your hands full atm, so don’t worry about it, I can get in OK.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

Hopefully that should be fixed now, Hopefully 🤔

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,306

No, still taking me into your work site. Don’t worry about it, I’m not.

EDIT: cracked it! So simple, feel dumb! I deleted the current FF bookmark, accessed forumite via Google, reinstalled bookmark. Problem solved.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Bob Williams.

wasbit
    Participant
    @wasbit
    Forumite Points: 500

Same happened to me. Went on holiday at the end of May. Came back & went to catch up on the forum but it was gone.

No search engine hits either. By chance I tried the site with my tablet & lo & behold, the forum reappeared.

I’m now catching up with the missing last 6 weeks.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by wasbit.

--
    Regards
    wasbit

Rig 1: Zalman Media Centre Rebuild (i3-540)
    Rig 2: Hp Elitebook 8440P (The Dave Laptop Special)
    The Dave Special & The 43 Special are still giving sterling service with new owners

Dear Starfleet, hate you, hate the Federation, taking Voyager. - Janeway

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 1,749

I had the same, found it very strange how it directed to BDThree web? well all seems fine now.

So wasbit where you been holdaying for 6 weeks compared to my 3 days in Llandudno.

Cheers
    John

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

found it very strange how it directed to BDThree web?

John – that’s Lee’s website, so you were  probably  re-directed there ( a holding page? ) while he was working on the Forum site.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Thanks JayCee

I still find it strange, when I click to Natwest it doesn’t take me to TSB.

I can only assume forumite and BDThree have a cable connection hiding some where.

Cheers
    John

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

I can only assume forumite and BDThree have a cable connection hiding some where.

Not quite. 🙂 When Lee is working on the Forumite website he doesn’t need someone logging in to it so he ( effectively ) takes Forumite offline to work on it. While he is doing that anybody trying to access Forumite shouldn’t just sit there with nothing happening, so he re-directs traffic to his site. It is very much a temporary measure while he’s doing updates/upgrades.

You don’t park your car in the Garage Workshop, but you take it there when it needs a service. ( sort of )!!

It’s a bit like going to a neighbour’s house for a cuppa, but leaving a note on the front door for anyone that stops by to visit you.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Good points JayCee.

Warning (would be better) or even Site Temporarily Unavailabe (due to maintenance work)
    Please call back.

I just kept thinking my keyboard had gone mad or I had, but I was sure I hadn’t. To type f and end up with B is weird.

No doubt it’s easier for Lee to un hook it for a while,

• This reply was modified 6 days, 15 hours ago by johnbarry.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love