Lost contacts

HOME Forums Tech Android Talk Lost contacts

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by JayCeeDee 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

tadka
    Participant
    @tadka

Two days a go I get my phone out to give my manager a quick call and… my contacts are gone. Most of them. About half a dozen still there out of a few dozen.

Any ideas what could have happened or what to do to try and recover them?

I think Google might be to blame. I’ve been having pop up messages on my phone advising various things I should do on my phone and in a moment of weakness I enabled some “back up and sync”. I think it backs up my data on my Google account. I thought what a heck they must know what they are doing so why not. Maybe it will come useful some day. Then there was another thing I noticed – a few times I caught some Google app updating itself using my data. I remember I did enable some setting that allows only WiFi updates. So I dug a bit deeper and found some more hidden setting in which all was disable except Google and I think messaging. So I disabled Google. I have a feeling that might be the reason of lost contacts. Maybe Google wasn’t happy not having that freedom.

Anyway, I’m rambling now. I’ll go see if I can find anything in my Google account setting (never been there before) but if you guys have any ideas shoot them at me.

Cheers!

Spread the love

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love