Forumite General Topics Other Stuff Major Updates

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    RSB
    Keymaster
      @bdthree

Fixed the Index page issue. Problem caused by the read/unread indicator so removed that and replaced. You have to strain your eyes to see new one so I’ll add some other styled indicators. Still much to do but I have been at it all night and it’s getting on my tit’s now so I’ll resume later this evening.

P. s Are you still have the issue you mentioned above @jayceedee

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Contact Admin: admin@forumite-chewey.co.uk

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

JayCeeDee
      Participant
        @jayceedee

Hi Lee – cheers for your efforts with this.

Are you still have the issue you mentioned above @jayceedee

All posts now have what appears to be a green exclamation mark to the left of the Topic title. ( That could just as easily be a tree or a light bulb, however………….. that lack of clarity could well be down to these old eyes!!!

Things that didn’t happen ( for info, not adding to your load:) ) :-

1. I went to quote from your post in my usual fashion, ie highlight the relevant section of your post and then click the quote button in the post header, it didn’t drop down to the REPLY TO: dialogue box with the quoted section already inserted and referenced.
        2. You did the @jayceedee thing and I haven’t had any indication of a notification.

Hope you got some decent sleep!!

Ignore number 2, as soon as I posted, the forum notified me that I’d mentioned me.😁

JayCeeDee
        Participant
          @jayceedee

Tried to add a second edit, but I guess it timed out before I could submit, as it didn’t appear.

I was just letting you know that the Read/Unread indicator on the Latest Topics page was working OK, but as you stated above, lacks clarity.👍👍

Bob Williams
          Participant
            @bullstuff2

I have made several posts (including a couple of edits) and a new Topic, also including an edit. The only (tiny) problem I noted was that the post/topic ends right above the signature. So I recommend that everyone knocks the line down one row at the end of the post, which worked for me. Otherwise, everything works fine Lee.

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
            I'm out.

Richard
            Participant
              @sawboman

That is not an issue I encounter as I do not use a signature. In fact, I have seen no issues to date.

Ed P
              Participant
                @edps

Thanks Lee. Sorry about the red haze in my previous post, it had just reached the point of being a really major irritation, not helped by fending off three young grandchildren.

If you are going to set up moderation as a requirement for new posters etc., I suggest that you somehow flag them to the poster as mine just seemed to disappear except for a fleeting note saying under moderation. Blink and it disappeared, as a result I was just left in limbo not knowing what was the problem for many of my posts.

Just as a test BBC Link.

Problem cured.

Mark Turner
                Participant
                  @turner74

I can’t seem to get the quote feature to work at all.

Cheers Mark

JayCeeDee
                  Participant
                    @jayceedee

Love it, Lee – green tick = read, red cross = unread!! Couldn’t be simpler.👍👍

RSB
                    Keymaster
                      @bdthree

Yea much easier. Green read, unread red. Try and fix the quote now! And yes slept 12 bloody hours with just one toilet brake. Never slept that long before. Had a good couple of meals through the night so that may of helped.

RSB
                      Keymaster
                        @bdthree

I can’t seem to get the quote feature to work at all. Cheers Mark

I went to quote from your post in my usual fashion, ie highlight the relevant section of your post and then click the quote button in the post header, it didn’t drop down to the REPLY TO: dialogue box with the quoted section already inserted and referenced.

Quote should also be working now.

RSB
                        Keymaster
                          @bdthree

The only (tiny) problem I noted was that the post/topic ends right above the signature. So I recommend that everyone knocks the line down one row at the end of the post, which worked for me. Otherwise, everything works fine Lee.

Sig padding should be sorted now.

RSB
                          Keymaster
                            @bdthree

Just as a test BBC Link. Problem cured.

No worries ed. I am not sure if it’s 100% cured or you have just been lucky this time. Just see how it goe’s.

RSB
                            Keymaster
                              @bdthree

I believe I have also fixed the avatar/User Name overlap in the opening post section.

RSB
                              Keymaster
                                @bdthree

Also an heads up. I had to disable the email address for forumite. It’s important this is working. I don’t know what’s going to happen when I re-enable it. It may start sending them new years notices out again. Obviously I will try and find the problem tonight and fix it before I re-enable it. Plus a few more tweaks to the site tonight finish the fixes off.

JayCeeDee
                                Participant
                                  @jayceedee

👍👍

Ed P
                                  Participant
                                    @edps

One other (probably the same problem) was that posts with links AND a new topic disappeared completely (I do not think they even made it to moderation). I’ll try to test it with a broken topic about BeOS (in vogue when Apple was looking like going bust). If you see it, then everything works.

RSB
                                    Keymaster
                                      @bdthree

I see it. That post has 3 links. Previously if you had more than 2 links it had to be approved. I have uped the limit so it should be sorted. 👍

Richard
                                      Participant
                                        @sawboman

I guess I am not in the mood to challenge much. So far, I have no issues it is all working smoothly, thank you, Lee.

It is amazing how many side issues creep out of the woodwork when you change one item in some software.

RSB
                                        Keymaster
                                          @bdthree

It is that, but it has to be done to keep us safe and secure.

Dave Rice
                                          Participant
                                            @ricedg

Wasn’t sure about the crosses and ticks to start with, but I think I’d miss them already.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 88 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shopping cart

image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping
                                          Forumite