Forumite

Membership Updates

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

I have been trying to get round to this for a week or so but with one thing and another, this is the first opportunity I have had.

As long as I get all my housework finished this morning I will be reconfiguring the membership plans through the night tonight.

I am just going to simply put the site back to free. It’s that simple. I hope. I have to untangle a lot but I’ll just have to see how it goes.

I will be keeping the membership system but this will just be used as a way to make donations although I’ll be naming it something other than that.

When I started this membership plan I did not figure things were going to get this rough through the COVID period.

I have had zero work on and I am living on fresh air at the moment and taking every day as it comes. Somewhat pissed of as it happens!

My thinking is if anyone else is in this position I think paying to join in here is asking too much. My apologies to those who have already signed up. It’s up to you if you cancel your Paypal subscription but as said the same system is going to be used for donations so it’s up to you.

I am working on other plans to make this place pay for its self which I’ll explain more on after the changes tonight.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 16,933

Good Luck Lee, as far as I’m concerned subs=donations. I hope your reversion eases getting posters back on board,

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,545

I’ll keep it going. The small retainer I get from a customer is enough to pay the phone, insurance and accountant bills each month which means I can keep operating. They get 5 x the amount of work out of me of course!

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,534

I can only really echo what Dave and Ed have said.

Good luck and I’ll keep the payments going.

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 13,468

We are fairly good financially, I will keep the payments going Lee. You can’t run the website and forum on fresh air. To me it’s always been a good resource, where we can have a natter, receive or give help. You worked on this to carry us through after MM folded and you have continued to improve the forum. You should be rewarded for that and I would like to keep my payments going, in order to do that.

I hope your personal situation improves soon and that your plans provide you with a good living. Best of luck!

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Participant
    TCBarrett
    @tcbarrett
    Forumite Points: 425

+1

Family. Coffee. CrossFit. WordPress. にほんご。

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 5,638

Leave things as is, Lee, if it goes to keeping the lights on. :good:

Participant
    Mark Turner
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 904

I’ll keep my subs going Lee. I’ve been working all through this mess a four pack a month is nothing if it helps keep this place ticking over. This place and a few Youtube videos is my internet life these days. I hope things pick up for you soon. :good:

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,784

Unfortunately doing what needed to be done as cancelled all PayPal Subscription. It is done now and everyone should be able to use the site as normal.

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 16,933

I see that you have cancelled my PayPal membership sub, but now I do not see a donations tab. Am I missing something, or do I need to click on your signature?

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

Cheers Ed, I have not got round to the donations yet. As above, all Paypal subs was cancelled.

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

Speaking of donations “Now Contributions” everyone should have received a cancellation notice via email. You should be able to use that or your PayPal account to work out when you last made your subscription payment and for how long so your not overpaying.

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

For now, I have just put the link to my Forumite PayPal account in the sidebar top right. No recurring option for the time being. Can not focus on that option at the moment.

Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 4,618

Calling Lee

sos to use this messages don’t seem to be working, I can’t add new post, I am logged in but other than this, it’s not working for me.

I had kit, your cat treats with u tomorrow.

Cheers
    John

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

Should be good now.

Participant
    keith with the teef
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 2,983

@ RSB

My daughter has switched to web development and content creation. Afink she charges 2.5K for that with plenty of bullstuff to get the coin.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.