Forumite

Mi Mix 3 5G

HOME Forums Tech Android Talk Mi Mix 3 5G

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Mi Mix 3 5G 2PlaneMan
    @planeman

I finally caved in and got a Mi Mix 3 5G. When it hit under £300 from a reliable UK source was the tipping point for me.

Amazingly I can get 5G in my house even though I’m allegedly just outside the coverage area. This is good but not much faster than the 4G service at the moment, when the full infrastructure is in place I’m looking forward to a nice speed boost.

Apart from some benchmarks and speed tests I’ve not done much with it yet as I’m waiting for a screen protector and case to come. You do get a case in the box (along with a fast charger, USB C cable,USB C to 3.5mm adaptor and a SIM slot tool) but it’s very hard and cheap feeling.

The phone itself is really nice feeling and damn fast. The slider for the front cameras feels solid and has a nice action to it. If it wasn’t for a few missing features like an IR blaster and wireless charging it would have replaced my Mate 20 Pro as my full time phone, it still might depending on how the photos turn out.

Mi Mix 3 5G 3

Mi Mix 3 5G 4

Mi Mix 3 5G 5

That was outside the Wales Millennium Centre.

Mi Mix 3 5G 6

That’s the kind of speed that I get at home on average, as is the way with mobile signals they vary a bit but that’s fine by me, best I had was about 120 down and 30 up.

For the money, even without giving the cameras a proper go, this is a steal. Super happy with it as my ‘modem’ for now and when the case and screen protector arrive it’ll get a proper workout of the cameras.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Mi Mix 3 5G 7blacklion1725
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 3,338

I saw a similar deal on HUKD (via Laptops Direct – same firm?) today. Looks very good for the money. My youngest got the Xiaomi Note 8 Pro for Christmas and its a very nice phone – real premium feel. I might have been tempted by the Mix but for me expandable storage is a must. I know this has 128GB but I keep a whole load of music/video on mine – taht’s just me. This looks a steal at the price though and reviews are very good.

Participant
    Mi Mix 3 5G 2PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,667

BL, yes, same firm.

Oddly the Laptops Direct one wasn’t available for dispatch until the 2nd of Feb when I ordered mine (yesterday).

Participant
    Mi Mix 3 5G 7blacklion1725
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 3,338

Cheers – imagine what £300 would get you at Apple!

Participant
    Mi Mix 3 5G 2PlaneMan
    @planeman

Screen protectors came today but they are not the ones I ordered so they’ve gone back.

Got a few photos on Sunday, cameras are very good, especially indoors, but over do the colours outside, very nice but not realistic. All settings were left on auto. Didn’t have time to try different modes.

Mi Mix 3 5G 11

Mi Mix 3 5G 12

Top is the Mi Mix, bottom is the Mate 20 Pro.

Participant
    Mi Mix 3 5G 13Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,276

Did you have to use an apk for the Google Playstore, or did Xiaomi escape US sanctions?

The Mi pic looks like a Beautify/over saturated setting is the default.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Mi Mix 3 5G 14Ed P.
    Participant
    Mi Mix 3 5G 2PlaneMan
    @planeman

Xiaomi use the full Google Services so everything works out of the box, banking, everything.

Participant
    Mi Mix 3 5G 13Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,276

Thanks, I’ll bear that in mind as I will probably need a new phone this summer (dying battery). The Xiaomi Pocophone X2 may also be a good less expensive option later on.

Participant
    Mi Mix 3 5G 2PlaneMan
    @planeman

Yes Ed, the Pocophone X2 is looking good so far.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.