Forumite

Mobo Fans.

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk Mobo Fans.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

The Gigabyte A320M-S2H I have almost finished building for my son, has only one System Fan connection on the board. Trying to fit 4 fans: 2x 140mm front, 2x 120mm out. I have used 2x fan splitters from the one system fan connection, board running from a Thermaltake 500 Watt PSU that has checked out with my PSU tester. There is just one x 1TB spinner, a Sapphire HD 5670 graphics card, DVDRW and a Ryzen3 1200 CPU in the build. Is there likely to be a problem with the 4 fans running from one connection?

I should have spotted this before buying… I know I could run 2 fans from an IDE connection and one of those horrible connectors, I have one, but that will put more cables in the way of other stuff. Advice please? TY guys.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 3,373

Should be OK

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 4,562

Thanks Dave, getting on with it now.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 4,562

Have to return to this because I am having problems with the Hdd. The Gigabyte PDF manual I downloaded states that Windows must be installed before any Giga drivers are installed, which is not what I have ever done before. So I booted and all lights lit, fans worked (hurrah!) CPU fan and VGA card spinning. Started installing Win 7/64, got to the point of changing “US” settings, KB & mouse stopped working. Couldn’t proceed with installation. “Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to start” which I did. “Boot Mgr Missing”. Oh sh!t.

Removed Hdd and installed to my good old ICYBOX Ext. case, used CPanel-Admin Tools to check. No MBR. Does that mean same, or function same, as Boot Mgr? I formatted the Hdd again, switched off Ext. case and gave it 30 sec’s or so, restarted it. Checked Admin Tools – Disk Management and there is now a small partition containing the MBR, which I must have missed at previous format.

Problem with this build, or any such process in this tiny spare room, is limitations of space. I have to remove one system box in order to test another, and vice-versa when I need to find stuff to apply to the build. Questions: 1 – should I have ignored the Giga manual and installed the mobo drivers before installing Windows? 2 – Now that the MBR is present, can I expect to successfully install Windows?

Driving me mad: fortunately this is my son’s build and he is not worried about time. I think that the Win install fail was down to the missing  MBR, but I have searched so many sources that I am now confused by MBR and Boot Mgr. Any advice is welcomed, TY guys.

--- Robin Williams

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!
close-image