More Scam

HOME Forums Tech Security Talk More Scam

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ed P 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jukebox
    Participant
    @jukebox

Have had 4 phone calls from ‘TalkTalk’ (not) today telling me (in an American accent) that my internet service will be disconnected today and I should press 1 to get further details. Although I am able to block certain callers, each of these calls came from a different number so blocking is not an option. Time something was done to stop these pests.

Spread the love
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 2,121

I use the phone system that Dave pointed me to – an earlier version of the BT8600. It is basically the mobile  Truecaller for landlines. I block everyone who is not on my white-list, they can then state their name/business and I can then allow or blacklist if I want. It filters out foreign scammers as they do not want to spend the time waiting for my approval.

Brilliant piece of kit – well worth the money.

[edit] I have forgotten all the possible setup options. Iirc I have auto-dropped all foreign callers except those on my white list. I guess those using an internet chat via a uk number could get in but they do not bother. Even the UK PPI irritants do not bother!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Ed P.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love