Forumite

MPG

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Ed P 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

keith with the teef
    Participant
    @thinktank

My Chevrolet Cruise Does 62 to the gallon. Yes, I have checked out side of what the car computer reports.

I must admit. I do not get stuck in traffic commuting.

Thats kind of green. With 400 parts per million of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere as it currently stands its probabley fair to say that the earth has uncontravertabley entered into a tipping point. No wonder extinction rebellion are gaining momentum. To late. It was to late years ago. Game over. we are all gonna die 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 5,284

Similar applies to my Motability iX20: many different models on the scheme, with varying power outputs, are all covered by RSA Insurance, Motability’s insurer. The current situation regarding the number of unsold cars in the UK is reflected in the much larger number of cars available from Motability with nil Advance Payment. Including my iX20, dammit!

The lowest priced car is the Dacia Sandero 1.0 hatch at £46.50, which is below the DLA/PIP Total Allowance, meaning some allowance is refunded every month as a Benefit. Highest Advance Payments are all mini buses, but as a couple of car examples:

Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0TB Super Auto (197 BHP) £3,745 Advance Payment.

Audi Q2 Estate 40 TFSi Quattro Black edition 5 door S Tronic  – name almost as long as the car! (187 BHP) £3,749 Advance Payment.

There are some really tasty Merc’s further down the range at (slightly) lower AP’s. What you think of those who can afford to pay that much and take the rest as a Benefit, is your business. I just think, well even wealthy people become disabled.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 3,792

Audi Q2 Estate

If they did an Electric Drive version of that car, would it be called the QE2??? Just a thought……….I’m leaving now!!🙃🙃

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 5,284

I’ll get your coat!😆

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Mark Turner
    Participant
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 539

The main idea in fitting it is he is getting a small caravan soon. As he doesn’t want to go out and buy a new car this was a cheaper way of giving the car a bit more pulling power. The torque increase is definitely noticeable as is the power. According to the chip maker his car is the same power but more torque as the next model up from his in the range. Which should make tugging a caravan a bit easier on the car. That’s the theory anyway.

@Steve he is a really steady driver he will happily sit at 60 on the motorway to get as much mpg as he can so hopefully he should see a few extra mpg

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 7,622

Mark, you probably need to remember to pull off your chip before any MOT as my guess is that your NOx levels are now way up!

Viewing 5 replies - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!