MS Cracking down on Office?

HOME Forums Tech Software Talk MS Cracking down on Office?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Tippon 5 days, 7 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon

I bought an Ebay Office special a while back, and have only really started using it this week. I tried to upload 2.5GB to my OneDrive storage two days ago, and it just kept updating without uploading anything. I read this article yesterday:

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3430801/microsoft-axes-office-2019-from-home-use-program.html

and last night I logged into the Office site to see if anything had actually uploaded. I got an error message instead telling me that MS has determined that I’m using an unauthorised account and it’s being deactivated.

It’s probably just a coincidence, but that’s good timing.

Spread the love
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 2,374

Apart from my own 365, which is a business version, I stick to single licences from EB. For me, having MS host my email has been a winner, but my customers have their own solutions or I tend to favour Ionons (1 & 1).

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 1,189

If its a 365 one (sounds like it) then maybe not a surprise – I’ve not heard of 2016 or 2019 (non-subscription) versions failing – but you never know.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,301

Maybe I should watch this space a little longer. I will just keep using my old bought and paid for retail versions for the moment.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 1,821

I have Office 2019 installed and activated on a rig. Is it saying it won’t work no more?

Cheers
    John

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 1,780

I have Office 2019 installed and activated on a rig. Is it saying it won’t work no more?

You should be alright, but I bought a copy from Ebay that’s apparently not as legit as I thought.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love