Forumite

MS Visual C++ Problem

HOME Forums Tech Software Talk MS Visual C++ Problem

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    MS Visual C++ Problem 2rockonbazza
    @rockonbazza

I tried to launch ORIGIN today, to install Battlefield 1. I get the error message MSVCP140.DLL not found.

I checked on google, and the DLL error message is to do with MS Visual C++. I downloaded VC Redist.x64, from Microsoft website. When I go to install it I get the following error message –

“Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) – 14.0.23026 Setup failed. 0x80070666. Another version of this product already installed. To configure or remove existing version, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel”

I checked the Programs listed on Control Panel, and I have MS Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2017 installed. There is no 2015 listed so I cant uninstall it, as suggested by the error message above.

I tried uninstalling ORIGIN completely. On attempting a re-install I get the MSVCP140.DLL not found message.

I have ran “sfc /scannow” and no errors found.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    MS Visual C++ Problem 3Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,293

A classic problem I’m afraid. The ‘easy’ way is to remove the lot but some of your old games may barf and demand re installation. (see link).

Be very aware that some of the early versions such as 2005 have some really major security problems.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.