Forumite

NETGEAR PLP1000-100UKS 1 Port,1000 Mbps

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk NETGEAR PLP1000-100UKS 1 Port,1000 Mbps

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    NETGEAR PLP1000-100UKS 1 Port,1000 Mbps 2Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

Reception in the spare room/workshop/second bedroom (*when we get another bed!) is patchy at best and I have done upsetting my Gert with various expletives. So I invested in a pair of those above. I know there are those here who do not like or recommend Powerline Adapters, but I am well pleased with these. Left my usual TP-Link devices after checking many Reviews and chose Netgear. All similar TP-Link devices had reviews from users who had problems. This setup from Netgear had all positive reviews, but best recommendation is that my grandson likes it! had to buy (2x) 2.5 Metre Ethernet cables for the PL adapters, as that measured out to the right length: Router is on top of a display cabinet that I brought and reconditioned from the last home, desktop is quite a way along the wall from the power socket. Simple setup, all lights green.

So far since the move here, I have built lounge bookshelves, the aforesaid display cabinet, cupboards, set up Fire TV, built bathroom cupboards and almost emptied all the boxes we brought. I built a bookshelf/components storage here in the spare room and the next job is building a HiFi stand next to the TV, with speaker stands and cable on order. Steel racking is on its way, so that will be next. Later comes a condenser dryer, then dining table & chairs.

I have almost filled two humungous great recycle bins from stuff I built and/or rejected! Which brings me to another point: why do people just cram boxes into the bins, instead of at least crushing them? I cut up all cardboard (and there was a lot!) and crush it down in the bin.

*I don’t see the point: we are not going to get grandchildren sleeping over now, 3 are adults and the last one is 15 this July. She slept over at her mates’ before the lockdown. SWMBO decided to look up single beds and could not believe the price of them, or sofa beds. “Futons” I thought, but restricted that to a thought. I don’t like to encourage her. :negative:

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Keymaster
    NETGEAR PLP1000-100UKS 1 Port,1000 Mbps 3RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,287

I have sent you a PM @bullstuff2

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    NETGEAR PLP1000-100UKS 1 Port,1000 Mbps 2Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 12,986

Replied Lee, thanks.

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.