Never boring watching Forest!

HOME Forums Sports Football Never boring watching Forest!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by The Duke 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

I make no apologies for mentioning my team, but last night they played out a fantastic, daft, chaotic match, in which Aston Villa played their full part.

http://tinyurl.com/yb4c8t2p

2-0 up within the first 6 minutes at Villa, by half time it was 3-3. We had just 5 shots on target and each one went in. After the break, Joe Lolley put us 4-3 up, then Tammy Abraham made it 4-4. (Tammy scored 4 of Villa’s goals), El Ghazi put Villa in the lead for the first time in the game 5-4. Forest had a man sent off 0n 68 minutes and still kept attacking, as did Villa. 82 minutes, Lewis Grabban scores to make it 5-5 and that’s where it stayed. Family who went to Villa say the older members came close to heart attacks, it was end to end stuff from both sides and both sets of supporters rose to applaud both teams at the end. All supporters got their money’s worth I think.

That’s why I say Forest are not boring: they attack from the first minute, but fortunately they don’t concede many goals. (before last night!)

But what a seriously daft game.

Compensation for dropping 2 points? – Going above Derby (hack/cough/spit) which will please all Forest supporters. We are now in the Play off places. Come on you (oldest) Reds! Somewhere Mr Clough is smiling.

โ€œIf you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.โ€
    โ€• Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Spread the love
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 794

Bob had the day off today and they were talking about this game on the radio while I was driving down to my mums. Sounded like a properly mad game. Villa are scoring for fun and letting in for fun – the Villa Fan among those talking (Rupert Bell – racing pundit) was underwhelmed with the Villa keeper as he (apparently) didn’t make a save all game!

Only 10 goal game I can remember is us versus Bury in 1983…..ten nill to WHU…..so…….of course……..we signed their centre half (Paul Hilton)ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 2,152

Hi BL.

I remember a League Cup couple of legs against Watford, 2nd leg at the City Ground. If I recall the scores correctly, Forest won 3-2 at Vicarage Road, then 7-2 at the City Ground, for a winning aggregate score of 10-4!

I may have to look that up later, so don’t correct me yet! Mate and I were delayed by 5 minutes getting in: it was a horrible night, pouring with rain which was blowing into the stand. Fortunately we each had a large Poncho, which covered most of us. It was 1-1 before we sat down! I also recall a game in the early 80’s against Man City, Forest won 6-0 and the City fans were singing that they lost 7-0 the week before. Now those are fans! It also demonstrates how times can change for clubs, within a decade or two. Of course, it’s money driving the change now and is the reason why Forest are looking up: our Greek owner invested heavily, but only now is it paying off, as the players bought have settled in together and Aitor Karanka is making a team out of the expensive new additions and the Academy talent that was always there.

It’s funny old game, as Jimmy Greaves was wont to say. Or, “Football – bloody hell!” as Sir Alex Ferguson once said.

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 1,853

I was watching the score come in while watching Liverpool fail in Paris ๐Ÿ˜ข

Are you coming up to the Premiership bob, I’m sure BL will make some room for you ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

I was watching the score come in while watching Liverpool fail in Paris ๐Ÿ˜ข Are you coming up to the Premiership bob, Iโ€™m sure BL will make some room for you ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜

OUCH!!! Bet BL felt that. Never kick a man when he’s down Steve, it has a habit of coming back at you later.

I think PSG are a much better team than last season, they will surprise more than Liverpool this year.

The Duke
    @sgb101

Given we will have to go a season inbeated to beat City to trh title, my kick will soon be here.

I think psg looked super ropey at the back, a number of times them let us pen them in on the left side, luckily for them, them managed to play out of it eventually. I can see that hiring them eventually. We looked half decent second half. Just had a shocker of a first. We need to get the new boys up to Speed and bedded in, as Milner is really getting on, and shouldn’t be relied upon in Paris against psg. I love the guy, but he is about 47.

Hendo has lost what pce he had, but Fabino isn’t ipt to speed yet, and kieta will be a great box to box, if he ever shows interest. He annoys ne as we signed him 12 months in advance, and the tit didn’t even learn any English. So apparently he is loanly and unhappy. I’d love to be unhappy on ยฃ150k a week.

Money doesn’t by happiness, but if im gonna cry, I’d much prefer it be in a ferrari than an astra. Lol.

Big weekend for us, Everton are looking decent, and it’s been 18 years ilsince they beat us at home. Please let it next year. The points are far to important atm.

I’m hating this season BTW, evey game is a must win. City is like the F-ing terminator, they just don’t stop. Footy was way more enjoyable when we just milled around 4th. Now it’s friggin real. Never been in a relagarion battle (touch wood), buts it’s got to be a similar feeling but in reverse. I’m dreading every game.

I’m sure once we get thr PL monkey of our shoulders, it’s won’t be lime this the second time. If there ever is a second time.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

This season is unsettling me as well Steve. We start off beating teams like Middlesborough on their own patch when they are top, then draw at home to a couple of no-hopers. We have gradually climbed into the Play-Offs, but Forest fans have had so many seasons of hope, followed by sliding slowly downwards and a relegation battle. What I don’t like is that too many of us are happy to be in a better position than Derby. I would rather just thrash the barstewards and move on with max points from both games, which is the most important bit. Today if things go well against Ipswich, we crawl up another place to 5th.

Ipswich have a new manager, Paul Lambert. What usually happens is that players will give 100% to attract the new boss’s attention, which could be dangerous for us. Either we have another draw on our own patch against what looks like an inferior team, or we let them come and hit them on the break: a Forest specialty. If we start well and get a couple of goals, I have a feeling that their heads will drop. Whatever happens, we need the win to keep in touch with the top 4: it’s very tight up there.

I understand how you view the Everton game, it relates to the Forest attitude to Derby, who are just one place and goal difference below us. They are our nearest rival, just a few miles down the A52, and it goes back a long way. Everton do seem to have started playing well, but I can’t see their defence dealing with your forwards, or guys like Trent-Arnold and Robertson bombing forward. I really like to see those two playing, so quick and such accurate passers and crossers of the ball. James Milner is one of my favourite players and I could not believe it when the BlueManc’s gave him to you. A real honest, 100% effort player with still so much talent and pace, even at 47! (actually 31 or 2 I think) A good influence and example for the younger players too, I believe.

Let’s hope we both have good news to report by 5 pm!

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Letโ€™s hope we both have good news to report by 5 pm!

Forgot Liverpool’s kick off is tonight! Forest 2-0 up at half time. Bloody Derby, also 2-0 up. Same 3 points, but we are (atm) 4 goals up on goal diff. Lewis Grabban is now Championship top scorer. (As it stands at HT)

We need to score more goals. COYR!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Bob Williams.

The Duke
    @sgb101

Well done Bob, (or lads) , yes we play tomorrow, and it’s a late kick off. Derbiesย  for us, are usally 12pm kick offs (or mid week), same with united. Mainly to stop the drinking before the game. So 4pm (iirc) kick off, will have a lively atmosphere and it will be under the lights.

Shame I’m not attending.

Tbh when Milner arrived no one fancied him, a free city reject at about 27, but ever since klopp come in, the guy is a machine. His work rate puts more players to shame. And given he was a winger for a while, he has some miles on the knees.

I was at a family get together last weekend. A large affair on the wife’s side. My wife auntie is back dating after about 5 years of being a widow. And her boyfriend is jimmys great uncle, he is from Huddersfield and hates the fact he played for leeds and is roumourd to go back there to finish his career.

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 794

Duke – now “I follow” is on the internet (= all championship games live) I’d quite happily take the drop and watch Karen Brady explain howthat is the “Next Level”.

Looking at this thread while watching Everton do everything but score against Duke’s mob. BTW we beat the Geordies 3-0 away yesterday. So Ner. ๐Ÿ™‚

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

BL that was a cracking game for you, but exposed Rafa’s mob as all action with no result. I don’t know why Rafa stays on there, he could walk into another good job if he left. Perhaps waiting for the sack and another big payoff. One player who stood out for me, besides Anderson of course, was Pablo Zabaleta. Just like Milner, released by the Blue Manc’s and gone to another Premier club, giving good service. He is an end to end guy, tackles well and passes the ball properly.

Steve, you have to admit you were lucky! Apart from ‘the harder we work, the luckier we get‘ that was the weirdest goal I have seen for a long time. Everton played very well and with a little bit of luck, could have won. Jurgen’s reaction to the goal is going to get him up in the stands next game I think if the FA do what I suspect they will do. To me it is just a natural reaction from a manager who is totally devoted to the game, his players and fans. The guy is emotional. However, when a certain Portuguese manager goes on the pitch, it’s not emotional, it’s usually to moan about something, usually referees.๐Ÿ˜† Or throw water bottles.

Tell your (aunt – in – law?) if Milner goes, we would love a couple of years from him at Forest. We already have an ancient defender who is still playing well: Michael Dawson, who played for us so long ago that he was playing alongside the great Des Walker. Dawson is 35 and started his career with us: unfortunately he was injured on Saturday, looks like a hamstring. At that age, it might be the end of his playing days. Now we are looking to recall Joe Worrall from Glasgow Rangers, which Steven Gerrard will not appreciate. Our problem is that we have great attacking players, a good midfield, but are very short on centre backs. Cloughie always built from the back, we had the England goalie, right back and centre back, plus the Scotland centre back. We need to get some good defenders in, and fast.

The Duke
    @sgb101

BL I was only joking, I have a soft spot of the hammer. I’m sure you’ll do fine, though that won’t get rid of your owners quicker. It’s got to hard as a fan when you can see loss as the greater good. The United fans are about there. Alot are thinking a drumming to arsenal may get him the boot.

Though I think he is there till they are 1. Mathematically out of the race to 4th, and/or they get knocked out of the champions league. So now that’s Feb at the earliest. Personally I’d give him 5 more years.

It’s been a glcracking weekend of footy. The Chelsea game was boring, but the spurs game was great. I’m not sure if the Liverpool game was boring. I found it frustrating as hell. And bizzarly I’ve never felt like I did at full time. Happy ad we need the points, but also shell-shocked, and a little sad for the Everton fans. I soon shook that off.

In many ways, I felt the same when we lost the final last year. Sort of “well that was f-up”

We never deserved 3 points from that, a draw would of been more than fair.

We have a running jome with the blues about pickford would be a decent player if he didn’t have short arms, we know he is awesome, but you can’t say that to them, so we tak the mick out of his little arms.

My blue mates I’ve been chatting too tonight can’t believe what he did, and how it plays into our narrative.

His distribution is amazing, though the blues say he can be over confident and balls it up evey now and then, but he reminds me of pepe reina in pinging 60 yerd balls to feet. Alisson is not bad at it, but pickford is very good. And is half decent for a guy with little arms. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think the pundits have been harsh in him today. Evey one has dug him out for it. It’s a cock up, but was very unlucky too.

They have some real talent now, I knew this before the game, but didn’t realise how good Gomes is. He bossed the middle of the pitch.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love