Forumite

New Quadcopter

HOME Forums Tech Other Tech New Quadcopter

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Yesterday I got a pleasant surprise from China. A new dinky quadcopter.

It’s a Eachine E61H. 2 batteries in the box, they also do a single or 3 battery version, as well as the HW which has a 0.3mp camera (and the same battery options).  I paid £14 with delivery, the 3 battery version wasn’t in stock when I ordered.

I’m amazed how good this little thing is. Battery life is impressive for the size of them, 8 odd minutes is believable and they charge quickly via a micro USB cable-no special charger needed.

Compared to my tiny Hubsan Q4 it’s a revelation. It just works. The Hubsan is a proper challenge to keep in the air, this is a doddle. I would fly it outside in light winds with no real concerns. The auto take off and land just works, very handy if you don’t know about ground effect.

Downsides are the headless mode not always activating despite the beep confirming it has and the return to start point function just being ‘fly backwards quickly’.

I ordered this just after the lockdown started and with everything else going on forgot about it. So I ordered a different Eachine model  a few days back. That should be here by the weekend hopefully .

Link to badly shot video of E61 flying and doing flips.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,306

Nice. it’s much smaller than I thought it would be.

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,653

Eachine do bigger ones as well, from just under the 250g limit when you need to register as a ‘pilot’ right up to FPV racing ones.

I’m truly amazed how good it is. I’d let my 10 year old nephew fly it, no problem. As long as he hasn’t had sugar. :scratch:

Forgot to mention that in the video I didn’t calibrate the horizontal stability so that’s why it drifts a bit. That works much better if it’s done on a hard surface but still works on carpet.

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,279

I am liking the website you linked to. Do you use them often?

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Over the last 2 years, maybe 10 times.

The option of really cheap stuff from China and sometimes quicker shipping for a bit more from Europe or the UK is nice to have.

Only had one issue and that was sorted quickly. Ordered some solar lights for mum, 3 different power levels, I ordered the highest capacity ones and they sent the mid range ones. 33% refund was the offer which I was happy with.

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,279

Cool. They do dropship and an affiliate program.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

The dinky E10C came not long ago. It’s the same size as my tiny Hubsan but much easier to fly. Compared to the E61H it’s a very twitchy but that’s bigger so it was expected. It’s not hard to fly just needs more of a delicate touch on the inputs.

The camera is pretty good in decent light, photos and video are certainly better than expected. The micro SD card needs to be formatted as FAT32, 32GB max size. A quick format won’t do the job.

Flips are a bit more difficult to do as you have to click the right hand stick down and then select a direction with it, that could just be me though. The E61H has a dedicated button for flips but that’s the video capture start/stop button on this model.

Sample shot.

Size comparison with the E61H

I’ll get some video later on hopefully.

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Finally got around to getting some video of the E10C

For something that  fits on top of a can of beer I’m very impressed.

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Yesterday my First Person View version of the E61H (the larger blue one) arrived. This is the E61HW.

It has a 0.9 MP camera, not the 0.3 it’s meant to have. It uses Wi-Fi to connect to your phone and you can control the cameras function from the app. You can also fly it using the app. Other than a tiny ariel it looks identical to the non-camera version.

The camera version weighs a massive 2 grams more, uses the exact same batteries and flies a bit more stable but the batteries don’t last as long. That’s the weight. Really impressed with video quality in good light, in the semi gloom of my living room it works for me but I can see most people not finding it bright enough.

I also have a big one on the way for if we are ever allowed out when and where we want to. Mine is the 4K, searchlight and 3 batteries package. Due in about 2 weeks.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support Forumite

Choose between a one off contribution or a subscription. 

It only Takes a Minute or two.
Lets Go!
close-link