Forumite General Topics Tech PC Talk New ssd

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark Turner
    Participant
      @turner74

Hi Guys

Has anyone had any experience of this

Cheers

Mark

JayCeeDee
      Participant
        @jayceedee

Yes, that self same SSD from that self same company. It’s been running W10 faultlessly for over a year now I think. ( touch wood!! ) I’ve got everything else on a spinner. :good:

johnbarry
        Participant
          @johnbarry

I do have the 120GB and also have the 240GB from the same company and they run supa. The 240GB seems only £7 dearer.

Cheers
          John

Ed P
          Participant
            @edps

Ditto the above, running Raspberry Pi projects, another acting as a D-drive for a games machine. Buy with some confidence that it starts out the same as named brands.

JayCeeDee
            Participant
              @jayceedee

In actual fact PM started a topic with that very drive 2 years ago and a lot of people got on board with it. :good:

HERE

Mark Turner
              Participant
                @turner74

Cheers guys

Its to go into work mates pc from my previous topic his wife liked the speed of the pc prior to the previous ssd being killed off by either old age or dodgy electrics or a combination of them both more likely the latter. Storage wise it is more than enough the previous one only had windows, office and spotify on and a few office files. I shall get one ordered.

Dave Rice
                Participant
                  @ricedg

I’ve tried all the cheap ones on Amazon, like TCSunbow, Asenno, KingDian etc. and they’ve all been fine. I’ve also used the more mainstream Integral, Adata & PNY but if there’s only a couple of quid in it I will go for the WD Green, Kingston or SanDisk.

TBH its hard to tell the difference between all the 2.5″ SSDs (and their M2 equivalents), the difference comes when you move to an NVMe and again to the PCIe Gen3 x 4 versions. I’ve never seen the need to splash out on a Samsung Evo though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shopping cart

image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping
                Forumite