Forumite

Off with his head!

HOME Forums Politics UK Off with his head!

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

Supreme Court: Suspending Parliament was unlawful, judges rule.

Irrespective of Brexit I am extremely glad to see this ruling. Ever since TBLiar took us into an illegal war with the threat of proroguing in the background  I have been very concerned about our system of elected sometimes unelected temporary dictatorship. We needed some checks and balances against a deluded leader, and now we have a precedent.

The topic header was of course tongue in cheek, what sanction if any there is for misleading the monarch remains to be seen, but the mendacious BoJo would be well advised to avoid Scotland for a while as he has been in contempt of their court for over a week!

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 13,902

The ‘Mendacious One’ may be having some major concerns if this Daily Mirror report is accurate. Although he IS an excellent word spinner and orator, that does not count for much if the CPS are after you.

I guess it now comes down to who will pay the most for the laptop – those backing a Hard Brexit or those betting on a $1.50 pound!

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 12,106

Throw enough (mud?) and some will stick, but is BoJo the Teflon Man? This photo (courtesy of the Daily Mirror) which appears to show Boris attempting to hide his – er – ‘excitement’ and the lady in question appears to be making a suggestion of some kind.

Didn’t anyone have a bucket of water?

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,134

She’s messing about with the ring on her finger, so maybe she was ‘proposing’ something interesting??!!

Participant
    keith with the teef
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 2,391

I’m getting quite high on this Brexit getting done. As with May and it never happend.

I am full on blown to bits fed up with this brexit thing and all the carp that goes with it. Not with standing journalists and trollops. 🙂

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

Think you are as fed up as the whole British public there Keith.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

Its not over until the fat lady sings! You may be prematurely getting high.

I have not seen the detail as yet, but the Mendacious One’s proposal looks like a Hard Brexit with a sop to Ulster agriculture. There is not one word on trade agreement passporting – quite the opposite, and without this we basically have zero trade agreements. i.e. WTO

If I am right, even if this gets agreed, trade discussions with the EU will have to take place for the next five years as will talks on fish, cars, landing rights etc. Lots of interest groups such as Cornish/Scottish fishermen are going to cry betrayal.

At first glance this looks like a proposal designed to be rejected.

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

Your last line has it Ed. Boris wants the “deal” to fail, he has always wanted a No Deal.

We. Are. Doomed.

--- Robin Williams

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,134

Well, the conference speech is over, but I couldn’t believe the music they used. I only picked up on it at the end as he left the podium, but checking the speech on the Telegraph website it was at the beginning as well.

Baba O’Reilly, by the Who.

Let me quote the lyrics and see whether you think they’re apt, or just a mix of pessimism, optimism, truth, bluster……truly typical!!

I’m here in the fields
    I fight for my meals
    I get back into my living
    I don’t need to fight
    To prove I’m right
    I don’t need to be forgiven

Don’t cry
    Don’t raise your eye
    It’s only teenage wasteland

Don’t cry
    Don’t raise your eye

Shall I take my hand
    Travel south cross the land
    Put out the fire and don’t look past my shoulder
    The accidents is here
    The happy water is here
    Let’s get together before we get much older

Teenage wasteland
    Teenage wasteland
    They are all wasting

I’m here in the fields
    I fight for my meals
    I get back into my living
    I don’t need to fight
    To prove I’m right
    I don’t need to be forgiven

I fight for my meals – must ring true with anyone using a food bank.

I don’t need to fight, To prove I’m right, I don’t need to be forgiven – that’s exactly how he comes across.

It’s only teenage wasteland – don’t hold your breath for the youth vote, Boris.

The accidents is here, The happy water is here, Let’s get together before we get much older – well he’s certainly hoping we’re drinking the happy water!! and if he’s hoping to get Parliament together, before we get any older – yes, indeed, he’s probably drinking some himself!!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by JayCeeDee.
    Participant
    The VFM Addict
    @thevfmaddict
    Forumite Points: 2,484

Your last line has it Ed. Boris wants the “deal” to fail, he has always wanted a No Deal. We. Are. Doomed.

I’m not so sure that he ‘wants’ a No Deal rather he knows he needs one because that is the only thing certain to put the Brexit Party out of the game once and for all.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

I’m not sanguine about the EU agreeing to this proposal for the following reason:

from the Mendacious One’s cover letter:

“Equally important in this context, the backstop acted as a bridge to a proposed future relationship with the EU in which the UK would be closely integrated with EU customs arrangements and would align with EU law in many areas. That proposed future relationship is not the goal of the current UK Government.”

He is basically asking the EU to accept that there will not necessarily be any alignment between the two sides of the Irish border. Although the dimwits in the DUP have not noticed they have already signed up to a future potential border in the Irish Sea or a hard border in Ireland. Just wait until the penny drops!

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 7,667

There is no chance of this getting through. For one thing it gives the DUP a veto. It also looks like we’re turning our backs on our nearest markets in favour of, who? The USA? Total madness.

Not too long until the vote of no confidence or voting down the Queens speech.

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

If the EU want to be sneaky they could say “We would reluctantly agree to your deal BUT we could never agree that we would not be forced to impose a Hard Border in Eire if ever the UK significantly diverged from the EU Customs Union.”

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

Apparently business is NI are not impressed with the prospect of an ad infinitum potential 4 year change of the rules.

It seems the only happy ones are the DUP who have been bought off again. It doesn’t give them any incentive to get Stormont up and running again does it? They have a puppet on a string in Westminster to get what they want.

Of course the big gamble is that the Tories remain in power.

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

Or Sein Fein decide that they will sit their 7 members to ensure that the DUP cannot pork-barrel or gerrymander* its way to power. Maybe attend just for a symbolic EU vote as they say they look to the EU for protection of their democratic rights.

*Funny that all English words for political corruption are American in origin. Trump may yet add a few more!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Ed P.
    Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

Anyone know a good ditch for the Mendacious One? In the now very likely event that either Parliament or the EU will find the Government plans to be unacceptable, the Mendacious One has given an undertaking in court to seek an extension. Its either that or  find a ditch in which to expire.

I must admit that at least he is funny, I would much rather see his fellow Nasty Party Ministers assume that position.

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

Ed wrote:

Anyone know a good ditch for the Mendacious One?

There is a particularly deep, huge, odorous and evil-looking dyke just up the road from me Ed. It’s the main outlet that ends up at the sea near Mablethorpe. Perhaps The Mendacious One could find this route to Europe a better way?

--- Robin Williams

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 5,252

Dear EU

The Priminister and Government of the United Kingdom do NOT want an extension to article 50 but we are required to ask for one so please consider this letter as our request.

Rest assured that if you grant an extension we will do all in our power to disrupt EU business to the MAXIMUN effect.

Yours I’m not kidding

Borris

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley

Dear Borris

In response to you request, you have been granted an extension of 6 months.

Yours, like it or not

The EU

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

That would be contempt which is a huge no-no. He’s in enough trouble with the Courts as it is. Try it yourself, become a serial speeder and see what the Courts think.

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley

Nah, it cannot be contempt as there has been no court ruling on the matter. It carefully complies with the Benn acts requirement to ask for an extension so there can’t be any legal action either.

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 300 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.