Office 2016 Ebay

HOME Forums Tech Windows Talk Office 2016 Ebay

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Dave Rice 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725

Anyone who has successfully bought these (Office 2016) from ebay – could you please let me know which buyers you used – someone has asked me for a link – never done it this way and there’s so many on ebay don’t know where to start!

Ta

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 838

I bought it from the guy below but he is not selling them or none left but for the few quid just take a chance on any with good feedback.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-OFFICE-PROFESSIONAL-PLUS-2016-32-64BIT-LICENSE-KEY-SCRAP-PC-/272965364430

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 1,421

Vlapetro_3 I bought one off on the 14 of October for £3.49, and I using it now. He has very good feedback, 2000+ and a red star, whatever that means.

Took me ten mins to scroll through my Gmail ebay purchase to find that out.  I have spending issues.

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 527

cheers both – Duke your bloke doesn’t appear to be selling either.

The Duke
    @sgb101

I think it was Dave that gave me a link to that guy.

Tbh I still like 2003 and 2008(iirc) better. The ribbon never bothered me. I can only imagine how much the “ribbon out” people feel about the latest mess of office.

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725

I don’t like the ribbon – but ubit sorts that out. At work I have to lump the ribbon and still find it a real chore. I’ll sit tight for a bit and see if anyone has a recent recommendation. Some look dodgy(er) than others (lifetime/academic licence etc)

The Duke
    @sgb101

I’m surprised my key worked tbh.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 907

I’ve used all sorts. I used to operate on the theory that the more expensive may be more trustworthy, then I thought all I’m risking is less than a tenner, and as I’m using PayPal in fact I’m not risking anything!

So if I was buying right now it’d be this one http://tinyurl.com/y73y3auh but it’ll probably sell out by the time you get there. Just go for anything advertising something like “Microsoft Office 2016 pro plus product key and download link” and use PayPal.

I’ve not had a minutes trouble and I’ve bought 15 this year and nearly as many W10 Pro keys.

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725

Cheers Dave – got there in time – all done.

Search words noted if I need it again – appreciate it – ta.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 1,131

I brought 3 (in one go) off ebay (lost who’m details) the first one worked and still does, the second worked but not no more, the third doesn’t. Not sure if they are linked to time use. Or do I still have the download that came with the keys. Or are they just dodgy.

Dave if you had 15 successes, you’re on to a good un. 7 left at this time?

Cheers
    John

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725

Got confirmation that Dave’s recommendation all went AOK. They had to enter the product key to run the installer, and then again to activate. There was instructions to activate by phone if needs be, but it sailed through online so happy days.

Thanks for the advice!

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 907

The process is you login to the Microsoft site with your MS account and enter the product key. MS then works out what exact version the key applies to and asks you what language etc.

It then starts a download of the installer which runs in the background (you can keep an eye on progress via the system tray).

On first running it will ask you for the product key again so it can activate and whether you want open docs or MS formats as the default.

All the sellers say you must use the key within 24 hours and you must follow the process i.e. don’t try and use it on your own installer. Why I don’t know. They are clearly sailing close to the wind but as Microsoft check the key and provide the installer (I think it may be customised in some way) and link the key to your MS account it must be legitimate if with restrictions.

Microsoft do all sorts of licences for the same product. Indeed in the Corporate world we found we sometimes had to buy 2 licences. If you had a virtual machine running on a server that needed an Office licence. OK, fair enough, but so did the PC accessing that virtual machine!

EDIT just been talking to someone I provided a key and instructions for a while ago. He waited a week or two before following the process and it worked just fine.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Dave Rice.
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.