Forumite

Optimal sale potential.

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk Optimal sale potential.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by RSB 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

keith with the teef
    Participant
    @thinktank

Lads. I’m going to be selling on the guts of my old gaming PC, being: CPU/i7,16Gb of ram, cooler+ custom + default, mobo with cables i/o plate.

Sell as seperate items or bundle???

Ta. keith.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,149

Depends on if you want the most £ or the most trouble free sale.

More £ = more hassle by selling separately.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 4,209

Usually separate, but I’d have a look on E-Bay and see what’s selling.

keith with the teef
    Participant
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 2,225

K. 🙂

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 4,123

If the CPU is top of the line for its socket then I would consider selling everything separately. If not I would sell as a bundle.

There are always people looking to replace a dead MoBo, upgrade their ram or their CPU, and selling the complete bundle can be attractive too.

Almost no one is looking to replace their CPU with one of the same type because they hardly ever break ?

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict
    Forumite Points: 1,918

………………………………………….        Almost no one is looking to replace their CPU with one of the same type because they hardly ever break ?

Ain’t that a fact.   Its a damn shame that that AMD and Intel don’t make Kettles………..❗

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

Looking online I see the i7 990X is now about £140 instead of the silly money it had been.

I am thinking of buying one, partly because it has 2 more cores than my i7 930 but mostly because it is the very best CPU that will fit in my socket 1366 and I can say I own a CPU that once cost £1000 ?

Boris
    @boris
    Forumite Points: 1,732

Today CEX sells your current i7 for a mere £10

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Never trust an atom - they make up everything !

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 4,745

That’s a bargain. I’m still rocking that cpu and it’s perfectly fine for alot of games, never mind day to day stuff. Also have an i5 750 that is just as good.

A great pair of cpus that just keep going and going well. Both been living at 3.8Ghz for about 10 years. The i5 ran for its first few years fan less and (underclocked) as a media /TV pc. Just the cooler from a titen fenrir on it. And been happier at 3.8 since. My girl does Minecraft and roblox recording on it. Uses my origial 30gb ssd as as a scratch disk, I’m amazed that ssd is still going it gets filled and over written evey other day.

Ive not done a health check on it, but I doubt it’s in good shape, as it’s been doing this for a good 3 years.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

Well I went and did it. Ordered an i7 990X off ebay for £139. Apparently new old stock but I just noticed its coming Hong Kong so wish me luck ?

keith with the teef
    Participant
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 2,225

A up Lads you was correct about selling seperate and not as a bundle.

But it has amazed me what people will pay for 6 years old kit as a bundle or seperate. Just weird. This implies I did well and I did.

One eye opener. I only sell in the UK and this is all plain to see on my settings. But a forigner won the part and insisted on posting abroad. I told him no and I phoned E-Bay. Who said when an account is set for uk postage only, then a none uk bidder should not be able to bid on that item.. This impiles the proverbial forigner lives here in the UK. Because a VPN would not work and E-Bay know what they are doing under the hood.

Needless to say: sale to divergent was denied.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 2,157

Very wise edit!

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!