Forumite

Pancreatitis and a new diet.

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

My GP’s have been trying for almost a month, to get the hospital to recognise there is something really wrong with my internals. As the surgery is very well equipped, they have ended a number of tests and summarised the conclusion that I have suspected Chronic Pancreatitis. I have seen the letter, signed by the Practice Leader and added to by all 5 GP’s, which was sent to the consultant who discharged me after a day as suffering from ‘constipation’. The letter is quite something and i believe they all took part in order to share the fall-out.

“There is a reason this patient has severe abdominal pain and has lost almost 10 Kilos in a month. He cannot eat and is sick when he does.” He has bouts of diarrhoea and is very weak and tired.” Another “I have known this patient for 20 years, since I first came to the surgery. He has suffered many severe medical episodes but I have never known him to cease fighting and have never known him as depressed and low as he is now.” Yet another “The fact that this patient endured pancreatic cancer, survived losing part of his pancreas, spleen, lymph glands and chemotherapy, should have alerted professionals to the red light that is (in our opinion) Pancreatitis, or at the least, pancreatic inflammation.”

It goes on in that vein (no pun here) and ends with a veiled threat to take my case higher. I cannot express my gratitude and admiration for their support. They have set me upon a diet: no fat, red meat, cake, anything greasy. Fish, chicken, lean pork, Pasta, certain noodles, brown rice, plain yoghurt and other similar foods.

So this evening I sat down to: boneless chicken thigh, egg noodles and peas. And thoroughly enjoyed it, but because I have not eaten properly for a while, I am now stuffed. I have actually been feeling better over the last few days, although still tired while managing 8+ hours sleep a night. Haven’t been sick for 3 nights and the fact that food is staying in place and being digested, means nourishment is reaching the parts again. Today I went to the Co Op as I know they have the best selection of the foods I need, and brought home enough for a week.

Onward and upward! (Or maybe downward :yahoo: )

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 16,283

+1 All the very best for tomorrow and all the days to come. Then maybe we will somehow get all your stories organised and deposited in your county Archives or something.Β  You never know, one of your great great great grandchildren may find the stories and take pride in what you have done.

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 5,356

Then last night it started working again and today it filled to bursting twice, just been emptied and began filling up again immediately.

That’s nature’s way of re-stocking so you’re ready to pour it all onto any unfortunate miscreant that gets in your way!!!

I have no doubt that we’ll be hearing from you in your own good time. Get Well, Bob!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

Participant
    Tippon
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 4,089

Sorry Bob, I’ve only just seen this.

Hope everything went ok and you’re recovering nicely. Take care :)

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

We’re getting close to the “…next Tuesday plus four weeks” now. Has anyone heard back from Bob at all?

@bdthree
    – Lee, can you send him an email wishing him well and sending our collective best wishes??

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,650

I have it in my calendar on the 11th to contact his Grandson by his orders to find out whats what if I hear nothing before then. However @bullstuff2 if your watching get in touch at admin@forumite.co.uk

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

That’s great, thanks Lee. πŸ‘ For now, positive thoughts and prayers for Bob.πŸ™

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,650

Hi

This is Lee from forumite, a fellow forumite mate of Bob. He gave me
    your email to check up on how he was? Ihope all is well, please let us
    know when you can.

Thanks

Lee

slowly doing better still in casltle hill not sure when he will be out but i have seen him start putting comenets on things on face book so must be feeling bit better

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,221

That’s great news. :good:

Thanks Lee.

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

That is SO good to hear!!Β  :yahoo:πŸ‘πŸ‘

Get well soon, Bob.

Participant
    Tippon
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 4,089

Thanks for the update Lee :good:

Get well soon Bob :yes:

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

Great news! Please pass on my best wishes for a full recovery.

Thanks for the update Lee :good: Get well soon Bob :yes:

+1 The forum just hasn’t been the same without you. I miss all those reminiscences, and tales of Doggerland. :yahoo:

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,073

Good news

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg

I’ve got hold of Bob through Facebook, he’s as chipper as ever. They manged to collapse the veins in his right arm and give him an infection and he’s still receiving blood transfusions, but the good news is he can start solid food from tonight. Apparently he’s lost over 3 stone!

From what I can gather from other FB posts the cancer is sorted and he’s looking forward to another 5 years+ with SWMBO :good: I’ll keep us updated here with any news.

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Nice one Dave :good:

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg

Update: he’s certainly up for a chat 😊 However things don’t look as rosy as I thought. It was a 17 hour op involving 3 hospitals expertise and he had 16 days out of it in ICU. They had problems waking him up and he thinks he’s had a stroke of some sort and speech is difficult. He’s has 2 stoma and a catheter (but I don’t know how permanent they all are) and says he only has heart, lungs and liver left. He’s hoping for 5 years.

But he’s still Bob and his mental attitude is going to get him a long way. Hopefully his speech will improve, I’ve seen that a lot these days, there is certainly nothing wrong with his mind or his fingers :good:

As long as he wants a chat I’ll be replying. I have of course wished him all the best from everyone here. I think he’s going to be “all right” and it certainly won’t be for lack of trying.

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

That’s brilliant, Dave – well done!!πŸ‘πŸ‘

If he ever plays poker, he’ll have problems going “All in” – by the sound of things, best part of the original Bob is “All out” these days. Great to hear things are improving, albeit slowly. :yahoo: :good:

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

Thanks Dave – I’m sure you know what we all hope and you will pass our best wishes to Bob.

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg

Already done Ed.

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

I have no doubt that Bob will be keep on going for years.

He’s a stubborn git. :good: :yahoo:

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg

I haven’t been bothering him, but I see Bob has FB open pretty much every time I’m on and is active. I’ll give it a day or two and see how it’s going.

I can of course post something on his timeline if we want to do a “Get Well Soon” sort of thing, or if you see something that you think would make him chuckle I can share it with him.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.