Tech Android Talk Phone for Grandaughter

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 2 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 326 times

Viewing 8 posts - 10 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Bob Williams
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1421
    • @bullstuff2
      Forumite Coins: 315

Thanks Dave, I am still a bit green about phones! Our problems understanding that began because we initially took our WF’s up to the Grimsby EE shop for Sims. They carried out all the setup, which probably included the Unlocking process. They also sent SWMBO’s phone TU (I still get occasional fallout from that!) and it took another visit to straighten it out. Then the CMod afair hit the buffers. My swift updated OK to stock Android and then Nougat. SWMBO’s fell over (more fallout 😣😥) and it took the RMA to sort out, detailed in an older topic. have to say that Wfox were very good about that.

Ed that is encouraging and I am pleased that someone else here has a Wileyfox. 😀 Even SWMBO is mostly happy with her little Spark (the phone, not me) and I like my Swift, but will have another WF sometime.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

The Duke
    • Total Posts 1809
    • @sgb101
      Forumite Coins: 237

The WF are not locked to a carrier bob. So any card would work out of the box.

I’m glad you like it so much, I’m sure I put you on to them. We had a couple of the first ones here. They was great.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1421
    • @bullstuff2

Yes you did recommend WF Steve, thanks. And that’s good news, I should have known it.

Ed P
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1365
    • @edps
      Forumite Coins: 275

Steve Chibay phone battery replacement is not physically difficult, just near impossible to find a replacement battery for 2+ years old phones.

PlaneMan
    • Total Posts 696
    • @planeman
      Forumite Coins: 217

Wileyfox now offering pretty big discounts for lock screen ads. It’s not an always on feature, just when you wake the phone up.

Might sway some people.

The Duke
    • Total Posts 1809
    • @sgb101
      Forumite Coins: 237

Pm, I don’t mind this at all so me hate it. But the kindle reader and cheap kindle fire both do this. I not only don’t mind it, quite liked it, as you hardly seen it, and to me it was just like an ever changing lock screen background. Once unlocked, ad gone.

Id take the ad version over the non ad one. Even if there wasn’t much discounted for it.

Others are doing this also.

Update – £50 saving, bring on the ads.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by The Duke.

PlaneMan
    • Total Posts 696
    • @planeman
      Forumite Coins: 217

Totally agree, if I was after one of these it’d be a ad based one. Bargain.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1421
    • @bullstuff2

Going back to gdaughter’s phone: Ordered a Wileyfox Swift 2Plus: http://tinyurl.com/y9joe9j9

In Gold, with earbuds and cover, gson used Workplace to get the lot for £153 instead of £189 for phone, plus accessories.

I will be looking at it with envy. As I started typing this, just received a System update to my old original Swift (it’s Soooooo 2016, dontcha know! 🙄😏) Waiting for Installation….

EDIT …. and done! Latest Nougat 7.1.2.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Bob Williams.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Bob Williams.

Viewing 8 posts - 10 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Currently Active: 1
PlaneMan
Keymaster | Moderator | Participant | Spectator | Blocked
Additional Forum Statistics
Threads: 985, Posts: 12,361, Members: 135
Welcome to our newest member, LostSoul
Most users ever online was 11 on June 5, 2017 1:36 pm