Forumite

Pointless Thread

HOME Forums Other Stuff Pointless Thread

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

This time it’s brands that stick in your head. And why!

Mine………

Technics

First and last amp I can remember that really satisfied

Jamo’s

Best at the time that sounded good with the above

Parkison

The first milling machine “None cnc” I worked with. A machine that churned out ww2 shell’s.

Ford

Just because in my child and teen years I always had one close by.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Viewing 21 replies (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 4,581

Bigger, tastier Mars bars. Corona pop: –

Made in South Wales, delivered all over the UK I think. Certainly the Corona lorry delivered to our Notts village. Bigger, better burps than Tizer.

Brown paper parcels, tied up with string. Received one at Christmas 1953 from my very funny namesake uncle Bob. Big parcel, lots of string, inside was a smaller parcel, more brown paper, more string. Then another smaller parcel, and another, etc. Inside the last parcel was a box with a brand new, bright red Dinky ‘Dennis’ Fire engine. Dad and I both collapsed with laughter, I treasured that engine for years, kept the box, all as new. Gave it to a nephew, last time we spoke he still had it, same as new condition, leaving it to his daughter. Rebecca is definitely not girly, had lots of toy trucks, planes and cars, kept her maiden name, has a son named after me.

I love it when history repeats.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Viewing 21 replies (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!
close-image