Possible compatability problem.

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk Possible compatability problem.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by keith with the teef 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

keith with the teef
    Participant
    @thinktank

MSI 320 board shows PCI-E slot as empty. what a bugger.

It only happens with my high end sound card, all other cards I have put in show as pci-e slot populated (in the bios) and work.

If I put the high end sound card in my gaming rig its woks every boot just fine.

I think i’m gonna have to sell the card. I dont want to. Maybe a bios change will fix it. But I dont wann do that. can any one think of another option?

For the love of god I thougt PCI-e was a chuffing hot swopable Fing standard.

Spread the love
Viewing 21 replies (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies

keith with the teef
    Participant
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 824

Well. I got it sorted.

I had to get the CreativeX AE-5

I have had plenty of sound cards over the years.

But this is the first one which does not destort. I have a couple of tracks that are difficult and when I listen its wait for it, Aargh. One such track is Thomas Tallis: Spem in Aluim. The card pulls it off.

All sound cards happen to like to get there teeth into a given album even when all music is wav lossless. In this case its T-Rex lols. T-Rex has been trascended.

Combined with the 200GE and power DVD 18 ultra £1.60 ebay. Blu ray play back is impecable. I did not know my TV could do imagry like that. Its not HDR but it damn well looks like it.

So, Beep, Huston,The Eagle has Landed. 😁

BTW it looks like my old card has never been tested on the AMD platform which may explain why the drivers are still in beta?

Viewing 21 replies (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love