Forumite

Problem network provider for new phone.

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Problem network provider for new phone. 2keith with the teef
    @thinktank

I just got a new phone, to find that tesco mobile do not support it?

Its an LG V30 thinq. I think they ment think mot thinq stupid forigners.

Any way its LMEL: 358164-08-049928-0

I’ve been looking at the network providers web sites and the navigation to supported devices is not obvious.

Any one know of a network provider that supports this dog and bone.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Problem network provider for new phone. 3Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,754

I could only imagine it was some strange frequency for 4G but it isn’t – see here All supported I would think?

Participant
    Problem network provider for new phone. 4PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,999

Should work on most major networks, some MNVO are blocked by the ‘parent’ companies on certain phones. Just to f*ck with you.

Check that it’s your actual phone model, if it came from outside the EU (as in sale area) it could be different.

Info.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Problem network provider for new phone. 5PlaneMan.
    Participant
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 2,559

Many thanks for replies.

So, With your help lads, I can now use my mobile data. I get the G at the top of the screen and of course I can make phone calls and MMS. So, all good?

Great links especially @ Dave.

Of course I got the phone for its audio capabilites having a 32bit DAC: top blue tooth capability and a Jack socket. Aslo It supports 256GB of extra storage and I can get all my tunes on there less some 24 bit masters and that walks all over a Sony walkman and now I can aceess the Net.

Super fanx.

Participant
    Problem network provider for new phone. 7Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 2,708

Is it getting the correct APN?

G seems slow from memory – you’d be wanting 3G or 4G to appear. Tesco APN settings are here. This seems to match my iPhone.

Problem network provider for new phone. 8

Participant
    @thinktank

Hey Drezha. The APN seems fine, I have been traveling around today and it has jumped around from G to 4G to LTE. :)

Also I think at one time it showed 4G LTE? Maybs

Participant
    Problem network provider for new phone. 7Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 2,708

Hey Drezha. The APN seems fine, I have been traveling around today and it has jumped around from G to 4G to LTE. :)

Also I think at one time it showed 4G LTE? Maybs

All’s sorted then by looks! :good:

I had a similar issue last year when we went to the US for our honeymoon. I’d taken my Moto G5 with me and used a Three SIM in it for the data usage abroad, but it turns out I couldn’t connect. So I ended up putting it in to my iPhone and had no issues at all and got 4G. Took me until about 4 days in to realise that mind (and I wasn’t going to be paying the cruise ship wifi prices!)

Participant
    @thinktank

Strangley enough I am now having problems transfering my music collection to the sd card on the phone. Its most unstable and like being back to XP with freezes, drop outs and no write. Formating is also a problem.

Anyway, my solution if it works is to use my camera to write music files. Its is 100% stable and I have set the usb ports > not to go to sleep. You would think M$ would have sorted thet one out by now.

Participant
    Problem network provider for new phone. 14Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,933

Energy conservation Keith – everything bows to that unless you want to be castigated by the Greenies.

However, surely the easiest way of transferring anything to an SD card on a phone is to remove it from the phone and plug it directly into your PC.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 11 hours ago by Problem network provider for new phone. 15Ed P.
    Participant
    @thinktank

Ah, I should have pointed out that i do not own a sd reader/writer, hence using ma camera.

But I have found one on the bay for a few quid.

Yeah, not green at this rate. 240GB transfer to my camera is moving @ approx 6.5 MB/s. So about 12 hours then.  :mail:

Participant
    @thinktank

Shit the bed! I do own one, just found it, never used it, Doh.  :yahoo:

Participant
    Problem network provider for new phone. 3Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,754

Shit the bed! Is that your inner Johnny Depp calling?

Participant
    @thinktank

Amber Heard. Almost went over my head. Poor Johnny. :yes:

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.