Forumite

Raspberry Pi Zero W v1 up for grabs

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

It was bought for my mum but she’s given up on it.

Free to a good home. Have the power supply and micro HDMI to HDMI if they are needed.

It’s been in a case from the start and boots fine. NO micro SD card included.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,395

It’s been claimed.

Participant
    wasbit
    @wasbit
    Forumite Points: 1,366

I run pi-hole on a version 2 pi zero, thanks to Dave & Ed P who post about these things, which means I can leave it permanently in place whilst leaving my RP for other things. Just a thought if it went to a forumite.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by wasbit.

--
    Regards
    wasbit

Rig 1: Core i7/GA-H55M-UD2H - a Freegle donation
    Rig 2: The 'Dave Laptop Special' HP Elitebook 8440P
    The 'Dave Special' & '43 Special' found new owners but have now been scrapped.

Dear Starfleet, hate you, hate the Federation, taking Voyager. - Janeway

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,287

It was Drehza who first dipped his toe in the PiHole waters. I can’t stand being on a non filtered network now.

Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 3,016

I think I’ve been running since 2016? (I found a blog post from Jan 2017, showing I’d at least written about it then!)

Agreed – it makes life much nicer on the network, as it applies to both my Android and iOS devices. I browsed to a site yesterday on my work wifi and was amazed at the number of adverts on the site (I could barely see the article I was trying to read with all the adverts on the screen!)

New NAS is running the Pi Hole fine now via Docker, so shouldn’t need a seperate Pi for it. :good: I’ve not investigated running it over a VPN but apparently it’s possible so you have ad blocking anywhere.

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,287

I did that with my old Digital Ocean OpenVPN server, works just fine.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.