Forumite Forums General Topics Tech Software Talk Run FB Messenger (Standalone) in Windows?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jason
    Participant

I no longer use my FB account. It’s disabled. But I can still use Messenger associated with the account (this is normal). Of course, the Messenger app is limited to mobile devices, but ideally I want to be able to access it from within Windows, without using my main FB account. It must be possible. But how? Any suggestions? Is the only way to install an Android emulator?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      The Duke
      Participant

Of your on 8 or 10 there is an FBM app on the store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/messenger/9wzdncrf0083

Jason
        Participant

Wow! Why on earth didn’t I think of that? I’ve been struggling for months by doing everything on my mobile! Such a simple solution. Thanks a million for this. Just installed it and already using it. It’s helped me no end. 🙂

The Duke
          Participant

No problem.  The answer is cos that store is garbo.

And I didn’t think of it either, my first thought was getting Fb messenger to route through Pushbullet,  or an Ifttt solution of some.  And in my Googling that popped up. Dho!

My theory is were to geeky, and out first thought is always an elaborate complex unstable prymid solution. When  a search of app store is all that’s needed.

I asked an equal stupid question about a hour ago asking of there was a way to jumpto the last replied post in a thread, and of not was one coming. It turned out there is one!

Drezha
            Participant

That’s handy – I use Messanger a bit and that would prove helpful as I can’t stand that the facebook site makes you use a small window in the bottom of the window whilst browsing ಠ_ಠ

"Everything looks interesting until you do it. Then you find it’s just another job" - Terry Pratchett

blacklion1725
              Participant

you can also just run https://www.messenger.com/ in its own browser tab. There are Chrome apps too, I think they more or less just do the browser thing anyway, but let you pop out a messenger-only window.

Drezha
                Participant

you can also just run https://www.messenger.com/ in its own browser tab. There are Chrome apps too, I think they more or less just do the browser thing anyway, but let you pop out a messenger-only window.

Now I feel like a fool ?

"Everything looks interesting until you do it. Then you find it’s just another job" - Terry Pratchett

Jason
                  Participant

You’re not alone.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shopping cart

image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping
                  Forumite