Forumite

Samsung M2026W mono laser printer

HOME Forums Tech Other Tech Samsung M2026W mono laser printer

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Mums’ Samsung laser printer is getting on a bit now and is starting to do funny things, randomly switching off is the latest.

So a new laser was needed, this time a wi-fi enabled one with Google Cloud print and Android support I reserved a M2026W

Setting it up using the Samsung Mobile Print app was easy, literally seconds. Getting it work with Google Cloud Print was another story. The way it’s meant to work is you go to chrome://devices/ in Chrome – The printer should be visible – Click register.

Trouble is the printer wasn’t showing. No problem I thought, just go to Samsung site and seek advice. Every Samsung page to do with printers throws you at the the same HP support page. Turns out that Samsung and printers are no more, it’s all been shuffled onto HP as of yesterday. So I work my way through the HP site and find the printer icon for the M2026W under support, click it and there’s nothing there-page does not exist. ?

Back I go to my Chromebook, try chrome://devices/ again and the printer shows up so I click register and it just sits there doing nothing for a while then the printer starts making noises and a pop up asks me to confirm on the printer. How?

After 3 attempts I found out that you have to push the WPS button quite quickly when the pop up appears. Finally after a little think the printer shows under my devices and I can now print from my Chromebook and phone easily.

I’m happy to say that it once it’s all sorted it’s super easy to print, even on my mothers Chromebook, phone and Windows machines.The printer itself is really small compared to the other Samsung, especially when it’s all closed up. Print quality is good and it feels quite robust. If your printing needs don’t require something built for an office, it’s a good, inexpensive machine. Toners are cheap on Amazon as well.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,204

I have the M2070, mono laser, and I wouldn’t go back to an ink jet. As I don’t print loads, or rather I can, but it’s no often, so ink jets always died on my.

Samsung mobile print app is good, but I’ve found it’s not even needed, the print plug-in, from the app store works fine,so printing from app level is simple.

Easy set up on Windows and Chrome os, plus ios just seems to work out the box.

Ive been very happy with this printer.

I print photos that infrequently, I don’t miss a full printer. Once or twice a year I’ll go boots and spend £5 or £6 for needed photos. Usually they are for jn school presentations.

Once, or twice,  year I’ll buy a photo book off line, but I always did even when I had a full printer.

Strange how Samsung seem to be dropping it printer business, but I can’t see there being much profit in it. Especially for such a huge biz line samsung.

Participant
    blacklion1725
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 3,338

Yeah got a Samsung all-in-on here – older one – SC3205W – very nice bit of kit still, recommended newer ones to people and they are all happy.

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,306

I’ve got a M262x 282x Series (forget the exact model) laser with duplex. It replaced an earlier version of the one Nolan’s bought.

Hopefully it will last as long because I hate HP consumer printers. Too much bloat and now trying to flog you ink / toner direct to your desktop.

Participant
    The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,204

Dave- When I was looking to see what model number my printer was I fired up the ‘mobile print’ app. Give it isn’t needed I’ve not launched it in ages, and it asked me if I wanted to register for auto ink replacements.

I don’t think so at twice the price of non branded toner. Thou I do like the idea that your ink will turn up when it detects its low. I’d like the option to choose your own supplier, but that is never going to happen. You probably could rig up somthing to monitor the page count and use ifttt to alert you or even lint to an ‘amazon dot’ like thing.

May be worth the effort if you run a host of printers, but hardly worth the effort for a home user. Would be nice.

Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 2,384

I’ve got a M262x 282x Series (forget the exact model) laser with duplex. It replaced an earlier version of the one Nolan’s bought. Hopefully it will last as long because I hate HP consumer printers. Too much bloat and now trying to flog you ink / toner direct to your desktop.

We’ve got this one at cadets and it’s going fairly well. Just set it up this week on the Raspberry Pi to act as a print server as it isn’t wifi connected (as far as I’m aware).

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support Forumite

Choose between a one off contribution or a subscription. 

It only Takes a Minute or two.
Lets Go!
close-link