Forumite

SHOP – I HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR A WHILE

HOME Forums Shopping Other Shopping SHOP – I HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR A WHILE

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    SHOP – I HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR A WHILE 2RSB
    @bdthree

Some may have noticed a new yellow button in the menu. It’s the new Forumite Local Marketplace :)

A place for local shops to offer delivery or collection of products. Aimed a butchers, corner shops, veg shops etc.. And I may include pubs for obvious reasons.

I have been planning this for a few years but never got round to it. Speaking with @edps it seems a good time to do it. For those in isolation or elderly and generaly anyone else. Also for the small businesses struggling or locked down.

It still needs a little bit of work but should be ready to use Monday once I have got my head arround a few technical issues.

It’s going to be free to use for shoppers and businesses untill things start returning to normal.

The only problem is 1. I can not advertise it at the moment. 2. I do not have a facebook account to share it. 3. I can not go round all the shops in the UK.

Take a look and let me know what you think. Link. And if you like the idea maybe you can share it with people or mention it to shops if you venture out.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    SHOP – I HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR A WHILE 3Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,256

Sorry, slightly too late, I am now banged up by Boris for the next twelve weeks, so cannot do a sales pitch with my butcher or greengrocer.

Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,287

@edps I just wanted to know what you thought of my progress :)

Keymaster
    @bdthree

Robbing barstewards. Prices across the board are astonishing. Link 

70cl gordons gin near on £30

These are usually 14 quid in the shop.

Participant
    SHOP – I HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR A WHILE 6JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,759

Robbing barstewards. Prices across the board are astonishing

They’re all at it in one way or another. The wife loves Muller Fat Free Toffee yogurts, before all this Tesco had them on a deal at 12 for £3, as against 55p – 60p individually elsewhere, Co-op, Sainsbury etc.

They’re now 72p each, no deals.

Throughout the store there are a lot less multi-deals, almost everything is now a single item price.

Keymaster
    @bdthree

Been down to the local shop for some beer for tonight. All cans up by 30p. Maddening.

Participant
    SHOP – I HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR A WHILE 8PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,663

Lee, your’e lucky you don’t live in Wales. 50p a unit minimum price.

Lots of the cans of lager I like, Asda own brand sourced from France or Germany depending on strength, went up by 50% overnight.  :negative:

Keymaster
    @bdthree

It’s all mad. Anyhow, I have 2 lager kits coming tomorrow hopefully. Granted I will have to actually brew it first but I think its about 43p a pint :)

As for the link I posted above, their prices were that bad before the virus so I guess should give some grace for not hiking the pricing up during the crisis :yahoo: Not bloody likely.

Participant
    SHOP – I HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR A WHILE 6JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,759

Lots of the cans of lager I like, Asda own brand sourced from France or Germany depending on strength, went up by 50% overnight.

Never let it be said that an opportunity was missed, just because of a crisis!! :wacko:

When we were buying flowers at Covent Garden, there was a ‘hidden’ price hike during the changeover to Decimalisation and another when Holland joined the Euro. The transition is managed, but the purchaser always ends up worse off. :negative:

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.