Forumite

Showing off – blender

HOME Forums Other Stuff Showing off – blender

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by D-Dan 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

D-Dan
    Participant
    @d-dan

Yep – just showing off. After 25 years of the likes of 3DS Max, mostly Cinema4D etc. I switched to Blender. Liking it ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB, 6 (yes - 6) HDs inc 2 SSDs, 4 RPi 3Bs + 1 RPi 4B - one as an NFS server with two more drives, PiHole (shut yours), Plex server, cloud server, and other random Pi stuff. Nice CoolerMaster case, NV GTX 1060 6GB, and a whopping 32" AOC 1440P monitor.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 4,636

Very nice – I wish I did not find the Blender interface so unintuitive compared with the ‘classic’ modelling/rendering interfaces based on Lightwave/Renderman etc.

D-Dan
    Participant
    @d-dan
    Forumite Points: 1,336

That was the biggest barrier to me, too, until you get the hang of it being mainly hot key driven (and having to remember the hotkeys).

Now, on the very rare occasions I go back to C4D I find myself flumoxed when the keys don’t work.

Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB, 6 (yes - 6) HDs inc 2 SSDs, 4 RPi 3Bs + 1 RPi 4B - one as an NFS server with two more drives, PiHole (shut yours), Plex server, cloud server, and other random Pi stuff. Nice CoolerMaster case, NV GTX 1060 6GB, and a whopping 32" AOC 1440P monitor.

FreakShow!
    Participant
    @freakshow
    Forumite Points: 74

Had to use Blender for a Uni module. As you say D-Dan, once you get the keyboard shortcuts down, you can really make good progress in creating good models.

D-Dan
    Participant
    @d-dan
    Forumite Points: 1,336

Latest work:

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.