Sky Broadband overcharging.

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk Sky Broadband overcharging.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by tadka 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

tadka
    Participant
    @tadka

I noticed that Sky charged me £30 on the 20th of Jan. even though I switched to Plusnet on the 8th of Jan. Called them up and they tell me that it’s because I was prebilled on the 6th of Jan. and the switch was on the 8th. But it’s okay, the overpayments were already calculated and I would have been refunded £41 on the 20th of Feb.

Are they telling the truth or should I report them somewhere? If they are lying then in my eyes that’s pretty much fraud.

Spread the love
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 2,134

My wife was saying last night to me that sky had messed up big time last month, overcharging alot of people. She said a couple of her friends had metiond they had been overcharged too.

I haven’t looked into it, I didn’t give it a se ond thought, but tou should ring them.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 1,691

It’s sharp practice but it’s legal. Ask any self employed people what it’s like getting paid by big businesses.

To do MoD work we have to go through a third party who quite openly hold up our payments for over 2 months. The MoJ can be a nightmare too. At one time it looked like we’d have to go through Carillion who would pay you in 30 days if you gave up 10%, otherwise it was 3 months. Now we all know it was a glorified Ponzi scheme.

If only we could pay our suppliers like that! My cash flow is always the biggest headache.

tadka
    Participant
    @tadka
    Forumite Points: 565

Why did I just think of the song Heaven is a place on Earth?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love