This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Richard 2 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 461 times

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

The Duke
    • Total Posts 1809
    • @sgb101
      Forumite Coins: 237

Takes me back to the old nursing school intake 101; half of what you learn over the next few years will be proven wrong in the coming years…..

Or words to that effect.

Just like what your meant to eat/avoid during pregnancy, seems to back and forth evey year. Or it was back when I was young and me and her use to partake in such activities. Lol

Ed P
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1365
    • @edps
      Forumite Coins: 275

Vitamin D during pregnancy is also getting far more attention. Too little D and too little sunlight (e.g. burqa wearers) is now thought to be very closely linked with a much higher risk of MS in later life.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1421
    • @bullstuff2
      Forumite Coins: 315

My senior, 24 yo gson I have spoken of before as having Aspergers Syndrome. In the last 3 years he has also developed Thyroid deficiency, with associated attacks of accelerated heartbeat and initially, panic attacks (as he didn’t know what was happening to him)

His GP managed to get him appointments and tests. A very young (fortunately, IMO) consultant has prescribed an extra strong dose of Vitamin D. This has appeared to put him back on an even keel: he was losing interest and becoming tired at work. His bosses are husband and wife; the wife at least, has a great deal of affection for our gson. She phones his mum or myself if she has concerns about him and she has helped him with appointments, etc. The husband was getting a bit uptight about missed work, until she told him bluntly: “You can have a fit young staff member who has done so much for us over the last 4 years*, or a tired one who misses a little work. Your choice.” She is a forceful woman and they have an Autistic daughter, hence the understanding.

Gson certainly seems to be physically and mentally improving on the strong “D”. He is back to his affectionate, chatty self, which his kid sister noticed it before we did. They have always been close, despite a 12 year age gap, but she said that he was hugging her and teasing her again.

*He has won them several contracts and developed systems for the company. The boss admits that he himself does not fully understand some of the systems! – – “I’m indispensible, grandad.”

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

The Duke
    • Total Posts 1809
    • @sgb101
      Forumite Coins: 237

Your boy has brains. Build a system above your bosses station, making yourself unsackable 👍

Celebs in Hollywood (I’m sure it’s sunny there) have swore for years about vit d jabs. Amy sign of a runny nose and they are on it. You’d think the sum would be enough.

Maybe the NHS should give out the jabs along with the flu jab.

They was even giving flu jabs out in the local jn school this year. We got letter first. And touch wood, this year has been alot better in our house, for killer (man) flu.

I think it’s only me that hasn’t had one. Had one when in RM and it didn’t agree with me one bit. The nurse said they are different now, but I declined.

I actually had the flu a free months before I was given the jab, I joke now I’ve got flu (man needs sympathy from time to time) but oh my, ended up in sick bay for 3 weeks on all kids of drips, ended up with a chest infection to.

Turned out about a week after I was took into sick bay, the camp was pit on lock down, as it really spread. Good job their wasn’t a snap kick off some where as wee was a few hundred marines down that months or two. Took me months to get over it too. And then I was literally fighting fit. I wound like to be my age now, or god forbid, 70s. I doubt I would of made it.

Nasty that was indeed. Defo wasn’t down to lack of vit d, I spent my life outside then. Now I don’t get dress if there is more than 30 % chance of showers 😕

Working inside, more to the point from home, turns you (cough me)  into a right pansy.

PlaneMan
    • Total Posts 696
    • @planeman
      Forumite Coins: 217

I’m on Vitamin D, one of the side effects of my medication is a deficiency. I have one dose a month, when I was first prescribed it I was on a massive dose once a day for a month.

Richard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684
    • @sawboman
      Forumite Coins: 277

I was on cholecalciferol earlier this year but after reading warnings about possible side effects I stopped it after a three month course. Confusingly at the time the GP had talked about B levels. Confusion was not helped by some prescribing errors by the practice. They had started to give me three months’ allocation every month.

Now I wonder if I should resume at the correct level. Choices, choices.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Currently Active: 1
PlaneMan
Keymaster | Moderator | Participant | Spectator | Blocked
Additional Forum Statistics
Threads: 985, Posts: 12,361, Members: 135
Welcome to our newest member, LostSoul
Most users ever online was 11 on June 5, 2017 1:36 pm