Forumite Forums General Topics Motoring Other Motoring Topics Swopped the Old for the new!

• Creator
    Topic
    Bob Williams
    Participant

Today I took in my  Tucson (?) for the new i20X. The Tucson was the most comfortable ride of any car I ever had, but getting in and out of it became a real struggle, causing both SWMBO and myself a lot of pain. The i20X is not quite as comfortable, but is fine once travelling and we can get in ad out of it with ease. In the pics, you can see that the wheelbase of the i20X is not much shorter. Boot is smaller, but more legroom in rear. Swings and roundabouts, I guess. SWMBO’s words: “It will get us from A to B.” Pics: –

Tucson, yesterday, I think the Parking Bays were made for an Austin A25:

i20X, this afternoon:

Fao STEVE: we will be in “Lifestyle” again, with another ‘Unveiling Ceremony’

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
      I'm out.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      RSB
      Keymaster

Consider your self lucky, if you had a Lambo you would rip the front end off on that curb 🙂 Is that Ka crash damaged or multi-coloured by design? None the less your new car looks good and much easier to nip about in. ??

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Contact Admin: admin@forumite-chewey.co.uk

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Richard
        Participant

It is good that you can both get out and about again and of course getting into and out of the car is an important part of that task!

I tried to start my wife’s car at the weekend so the battery had to be recharged again to get it going. I took it out on Sunday as it has not been very much used for a while – it has now done less than an average 200 miles per annum over its six year life.  It will be a while before SWMBO is back in the driving seat once more; the various things she is already taking put driving out of the question. It is always one step forward and at least one back, so a passenger she will be for some months. I now have an automated reminder to take her car out once a week.

I looked at the i20 and i30 but ended up buying the Ceed when I needed something fast, as it was in stock and ready to go within days. Sadly the Hyundai dealer did not appear interested in selling anything. Their sales people, (or perhaps it was just a lonely hearts club) were more interested in talking to each other than dealing with me.

Bob Williams
          Participant

Lee, I would have more trouble getting in and out of a Lambo than the Tucson! Actually, there was a new Carer for my neighbour last year with a Mazda MX. I tried to stop her hitting the curb, she took no notice and damaged the front. Because she parked so badly, at an angle, the damage was even worse. She got out in a temper, I told her that she ignored my warnings and paid the price of bad parking and arrogance. Never saw her again, but received a letter from my landlord asking about the incident. Apprently she tried to sue them: gave my witness statement, got a thank you letter later when her case was thrown out.

Richard, the i20X has 125 BHP and is quick, even for an auto. The manual has a 6-speed box, but the car may be too small for your needs. I am surprised at the attitude of the dealership: Hyundai Read Grimsby is nothing like that, customers are treated very well.

I'm out.

The Duke
            Participant

I’ve always found the ‘lesser’ brand dealers, to me far nicer then the better known dealers. BMW and merc all seem to be wankers. (sorry but it’s true), then you get the Ford and Vx that know they don’t need to try that hard so don’t, but if you get down to skoda seat pug and even Hyundai I’ve always felt like they try harder to make you feel welcome.

But tbh I just want to be left alone, I usually know exactly what I want a week before I enter any garage. All I want to know is price, and to see a certain spec in the metal.

Seeing the exact car you want seems to be almost impossible, unless you drop lucky on your choose. When I got my GTC, I tested two cars to get the feeling of the one I wanted. Fist was one with the same engine but differnt spec, then one with a lesser engine, but auto with the a very similar spec. Between the two I gay a decent approximation of what I was to get.

I knew I wanted to car before I walked in, but I still wanted a play.

I did have to wait about two weeks to test drive the Arona in a similar spec (it wad one step below what I wanted), as they had one decent spec car, doing the rounds of north Wales north west England. The one in the showroom was the basic version, and in that set up, it’s got nothing that would make anyone want it.

The Arona I tested was up Lee’s way (iirc) the day before it come to my local seat dealer. Anything below FR trim, isn’t worth your your time. FR and above is where the fake leather starts replacing cheap plastics. And boy is it cheap in the basic model.

PlaneMan
              Participant

Hope it works out for you Bob.

Bob Williams
                Participant

Thanks Nolan.

I'm out.

The Duke
                  Participant

In other news, I finally scratched my car over the weekend, reversing into a mates stupidly tight driveway! I wasn’t happy. Still not.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shopping cart

image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping
                  Forumite