Forumite

tablet v notepad

HOME Forums Tech Android Talk tablet v notepad

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by johnbarry 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

I have a document created with m $ notepad.

On my Samsung SM-T280 Tablet from, Google play I have downed a few note pads. I can’t open my doc.  I also have office viewer, I can open my doc with this.

It takes to long to open, I am after a notepad viewer so on clicking my doc it will open with it, or I can select my doc within the notepad viewer and open quicker.

It's said to be easy when you know how. If you don't know how, then you need the help of forumites.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 2,270

Did you definitely save the file as a text (.txt file)? If so then any of the text editors in the Play Store should be able to open it (e.g. this one) ES File Explorer contains a good text editor – it has been removed from the Play Store, but can be found from other sources (look for “ES File Explorer apk”). It might just be that the “Notepad” apps are note-taking apps (e.g. shopping list) and not a text viewer/editor. Double check it is a “.txt” file though

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 4,072

Are you sure you were using Notepad and not Wordpad ? Notepad defaults to saving .txt files but Wordpad will use a rich text format.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 3,035

Thanks blacklist & graham.

It is .text I never use wordpad I am downin this one on blacklists post?

It's said to be easy when you know how. If you don't know how, then you need the help of forumites.

Cheers
    John

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Quickedit the is just the job blacklion.  the others I have tried have no file locator to open files other than ones wrote in there  app

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by johnbarry.

Cheers
    John

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 2,270

Good stuff – you should also be able to set is as the dafault app – if you go to the place you saved the file on the tablet (e.g. “download” or wherever) in your file manager, click on the file and then it will ask you what app to use. Tick the “always” box and select Quickedit and you are set. Its just another way of opening the file.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 8,707

I use Notepad2 instead of notepad. Same as Notepad but does a little more.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Thanks blacklion

Thanks Ed

Every little helps

Cheers
    John

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 8,707

I reread your second post. Your problem was using .text as the file descriptor. Just rename them all to .txt instead as .text is not a valid descriptor.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Thanks Ed

Cheers
    John

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!