Forumite

Terramaster

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha

Anyone had any experience with Terramaster products?

Debating on an external storage box but debating if the additional cost is worth going for the QNAP version.

Part of me is thinking the QNAP one will be the better purchase, purely from the “named brand” aspect and possibly worth the extra £30. I did think of going for the cheaper 4 bay Terramaster D4-300 as it’s cheaper than the two bay but think I only need two bays!

They look to have similar speeds – 469MB/s read for QNAP, 410MB/s for Terramaster, so I don’t think that plays much in to the decision making.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Drezha.
Viewing 4 replies - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,540

Plex working OK on mine.

Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 3,136

I’ve not needed it to date – no need for transcoding, as the nVidia Shield does that for me when it plays (using Kodi) but looks like Plex to use with Sonos, as it wont use the Synlogy DLNA server ಠ_ಠ

Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 3,136

Afternoon messing with the network causing us to lose internet for an extended period ಠ_ಠ

Was setting up a second gateway (my Huawei router, with Three SIM) to act as the gateway for the NAS, and then get the Pi Hole sorted.

Somewhere along the lines, something went tits up and the ADSL router was unreachable. Not sure how or why, but the IP address wasn’t showing on the router. Not sure if was because the upstairs equipment is accessing the rest of the house and downstairs via a wireless access point. Either way, managed to now fix my error by getting the original router up and running, I’ve set the DHCP server on that and have it pointing the DNS to my Synology.

I think the issue occuring around the time I tried to make the PiHole on the Synology the DHCP server. Anyhow, I’m now getting the DNS blocking from the Pi Hole, the Synology has port forwarding setup again, so I can access it outside the house (no thanks to Origin Broadband blocking port forwarding unless I pay an extra £2.50 a month!) and the network seems to be fine, so that’s a win finally!

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,540

I don’t use port forwarding at all these days, using quick connect seems to take all need for it away.

I have the VM PiHole doing DHCP and DNS for everything but the Vodafone router which has been left on default.  I can’t get the Draytek to authorise the new Vodafone line, probably been given the wrong password as it connects to the dslam just fine.

As you probably guessed from the above BT fixed the line problem this morning and I’m now getting near 80 up and near 20 down. The 4G proved quite usable apart from the evening when quite often for a hour or so it would be nearly unusable and one morning when it dropped back to 3G.

Viewing 4 replies - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.