Forumite Forums General Topics Tech Linux Talk Text Replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    Drezha
    Participant

So on Windows I use Breevy (though I’m trying to move to Autohotkey) and on macOS, I use Keyboard Maestro.

Is there an alterantive to this on Linux? I can’t really see one. Main reasoning is to automatically make life easier naming files. I currently use the phrase Qd to insert the current YYYY-MM-DD where the cursor is.

I’ve used a shell script in the past that has seemed to work – I’ve uploaded it to here. However, in Mint, it’s not working – as soon as I invoke it in the file manager, it loses focus on me renaming a file and then obviously wont paste the date in. It seemed to work elsewhere but not in the file manager.

Does anyone have any ideas? I wasn’t successful getting Autohotkey to work under Wine either.

"Everything looks interesting until you do it. Then you find it’s just another job" - Terry Pratchett

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Drezha
      Participant

Cant edit the original now, but I believe I have played with Autokey in the past without much success.

"Everything looks interesting until you do it. Then you find it’s just another job" - Terry Pratchett

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shopping cart

image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping
      Forumite