Forumite

The killing Joke. Cryptic post.

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    keith with the teef
    @thinktank

So Nvidia will have spotted this.

With the release of AMD’s 6 series GPU’s and in the reviews there is an anomaly and that was Assassins Creed Valhalla. That when the PC was set to CSM mode in the bios and obvs a clean instal of windows because of that bios change then Valhalla used AMD’s smart access memory and the 6800 was turning in beter FPS than NV’s $1500 flag ship.

We know that AMD hardware in the consoles is the same as PC componets respectfuly and so all the latest games for these consoles will be optimised to use SAM and when ported to PC the same.

So long as your windows install is CSM then the SAM will kick in. This means that when the Radeon6700 is released along with new games for consoles and PC , appart from superior ray tracing Nvidia will have nothing going for it in value or performance and with rasterisation almost as good as raytracing then?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    keith with the teef
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 2,965

No edit button or button expired.

Correction: Its CSM disabled to enable above 4G decode.

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,532

I was going to say that would start in legacy mode.

I’ve had to revisit some older PCs recently from the time when we were switching over from MBR to GPT and all that old way of doing things. What a PITA, I’m amazed I got anything to boot. Things really are a lot easier these days, it’s almost plug and play :good:

Participant
    keith with the teef
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 2,965

We got a pc we just cannot throw away, core2 joby and it matters not if you replace the bios battery you have to set it all up on every boot to get into windows. Still once its up and running alls well.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.