Forumite

Tingkering with forumite

HOME Forums Other Stuff Tingkering with forumite

This topic contains 36 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by keith with the teef 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

If any one is browsing the site through the early hours dont panic, I am just fettling the website. It is or was looking really dull and has not had any house work done for yonks.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Viewing 16 replies - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 1,902

As Forumites may have noticed I have started work on the new header menu :). I have only added the home button and forum Nav so far. I am only testing on Linux with FF and Chrome. I have also added a new Mobile Menu which is a bit cleaner than the previous one. Please, if anyone see’s any issues then let me know so I can fix them. I’ll be cleaning it up as I go along as it’s currently a bit ruff.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 2,682

That was what I ment RSB ?

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

@grahamdearsley Ok well it should be ok now.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 4,562

I like the green “Forums” drop down tabs, everything in one place.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Chewey
    Participant
    @chewey
    Forumite Points: 76

Test

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

I have cleaned up the new forums menu which I think looks smart how ever I am not going to apologise for getting a bit giddy with the new news menu, I’m liking it 🙂 ?

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 2,968

Hi Lee, I’m accessing the site on my iPad, and when I have it in landscape mode, the blue bar across the top is about five times the size of when it’s in portrait mode.

On some screens, buttons are hidden by it.

Only really usable in  portrait mode.

Also in landscape mode the four buttons (on the blue bar ) don’t work properly, either showing a garbage box or direct to wrong page.

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood
    Forumite Points: 798

The double load has also ceased for me too. I like the new look too. Well done.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

@jayceedee Can you send me some screen shots please.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

I am guessing you mean this

D-Dan
    Participant
    @d-dan
    Forumite Points: 1,403

damn, I had to remember which PW I used. I hate change :/

Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB, 6 (yes - 6) HDs inc 2 SSDs, 4 RPi 3Bs + 1 RPi 4B - one as an NFS server with two more drives, PiHole (shut yours), Plex server, cloud server, and other random Pi stuff. Nice CoolerMaster case, NV GTX 1060 6GB, and a whopping 32" AOC 1440P monitor.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

Sorry Lee – just seen this. That’s absolutely it. Just checked and the cache on the iPad still had the oversized bar, but on refreshing it went to normal size and works fine. Thanks.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

No worries. Not having much luck with me news feeds from youtube but you will not have seen that change if your on a tablet.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

Caught a glimpse on my main setup, something about a download limit reached, needing to access a link to “expand” limits and rights, or similar.

Presumed the news feed was proving popular and needing a contract, therefore money.

On a brighter note, fixing the double load problem has also corrected another annoyance – all my posts so far [#touchwood ] have been submitted without a need for taking a copy/paste in reserve in case it failed.

Top man!!

Edit – just a thought, previously with the “Who’s Online” when I hovered the pointer over an avatar, a dialogue box popped up with the name of the owner, useful for people who don’t recognise all of the avatars, but also for regulars who might not have seen one before, or one that is shared between two or more forumites.?.?

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

While I been making my changes and getting carried away I have not been organising or labelling the changes to the css. So I have shed loads of css code that could belong to anything and so I will clean it all up this aft and label it. This will mean things may look odd until I am done.

keith with the teef
    Participant
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 1,534

Just like to say. I use a windows phone and in the past for the most part viewing and using forumite was a non starter.

Yeasterday and today, mind, I find the mobile version has changed and is much more responsive and Yeah on windows phone as well. It wroks. Unlike my spelling.

Viewing 16 replies - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!
close-image