Tomorrow is Decision Day.

HOME Forums Health and Well being Ailments Tomorrow is Decision Day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by The Duke 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Hi guys, tomorrow I go to to see my insultant* consultant, after what was, I hope, my last session of Chemo last Wednesday and a CT scan to discover what’s occurring in my empty depths. I am prepared for any verdict, had enough time to get the family prepped as well. They gave me some more fancy meds to carry me through, but this morning and all over the weekend I felt absolutely horrible. Coughing up so much crap, seemed to be issuing from Sinuses, nose and chest: felt really ill. Now, some 3 hours later, I am beginning to feel better and most of the inner pollution has cleared up. For which I am truly grateful: no one wants to spend hours over the toilet bowl, coughing up garbage from the Inner Man.

*Actually, the consultant is a really good guy and has guided myself and fellow patients with care and empathy.

Whatever the verdict is, I will deal with it as I have always dealt with stuff: meet it head on. The family are a great strength and support to me. SWMBO is atm having her hair done in Louth. When she returns, I will give her a big hug and sloppy snog, as a small apology for being so ratty over the last few days.

• This topic was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Bob Williams.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Spread the love
Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 1,368

I can only hope the news is good Bob. 👍

My Instagram

My YouTube

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 2,152

Thanks Nolan, appreciated.

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 794

Likewise Bob – all the best tomorrow – keeping everything crossed for good news

Good luck mate

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood
    Forumite Points: 412

Same from me.

Been there, done that.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 2,285

+1 from me as well!

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 483

Hi Bob, I wish you all the best and hope that the results you receive are the ones that you want. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Dave

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 1,565

I agree with all that was said above, we are all hoping that the best comes out of tomorrow.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 1,454

Good luck Bob.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 874

Hoping for the best of outcomes for you, Bob.  ( crossed fingers)

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by JayCeeDee.

wasbit
    Participant
    @wasbit
    Forumite Points: 426

All the best.

--
    Regards
    wasbit

Rig 1: Zalman Media Centre Rebuild (i3-540)
    Rig 2: Hp Elitebook 8440P (The Dave Laptop Special)
    The Dave Special & The 43 Special are still giving sterling service with new owners

Dear Starfleet, hate you, hate the Federation, taking Voyager. - Janeway

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Thank you all guys, your good thoughts are much appreciated. Think I was a bit down earlier (OK a lot!) but I am gradually feeling much better. Some of you will know how it tends to get you down at times. Well, I’m on my way back.

D-Dan
    Participant
    @d-dan
    Forumite Points: 760

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by D-Dan.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by D-Dan.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 886

All the best for good news

Mark Turner
    Participant
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 171

All the Best Bob I hope it is the good news you deserve.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 1,195

Good luck Bob 🙂

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Many thanks for the encouragement guys. Unfortunately there was a massive hiccup: got there and they told me it was cancelled and I should have had a letter telling me so. I received no such letter. “Oh it might be at home when you get back!”! Not a lot of good to me, show me the copy of the letter. “Can’t, it’s gone!” But you keep copies, don’t you?

I didn’t blow my cool: for one thing I had a 44 mile round journey fer nowt and I was not well again. So I went to Grimsby P.A.L.S. Office and asked them to look into it, with a view to finding the person who should have despatched the letter. They did find the guy, I found his desk and asked calmly where the copy of the letter was. “Can’t find it!” “You have not even looked, were you forewarned? Listen to me (calmly) : if that letter does not turn up within 2 days, at my home, there will be further action. I am a cancer patient and people like you do not appear to understand what that means. Get a grip!”

So now it’s next Wednesday. That had better happen!

NHS Admin is riddled with incompetence, IMHO. I will study the date on the letter (if it arrives) very carefully.

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 483

A nurse told me that when 2nd class letters are ‘posted’ on a Thursday they don’t actually leave the hospital until the following Monday!!

So much for “No. of appointments missed today” scenario!!

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

That does not come as a surprise, David.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 1,454

This is what angers me when we are told there are X thousand missed appointments. I have been accused of it and it’s rubbish.

I now get confirmation and reminders by text message as well as by letter, it’s much better.

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 1,368

I have had letters after appointments as well. Luckily the Cardiff And Vale NHS use a system of either an automated phone call or text message so you can confirm the appointment. That’s saved me missed appointments a few times this year alone.

My GP surgery also sends reminders by text the day before any appointments but I can also go online and log into my account with them and export any appointments to my Google Calendar. I think it also works with iOS and Windows calendar as well. This is really handy when using Android Auto on the very rare occasion I forget as it tells me I need to think about going to the appointment in XX minutes and also warns of the traffic delays if using Waze.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love