Forumite

Tomorrow is Decision Day.

HOME Forums Health and Well being Ailments Tomorrow is Decision Day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by The Duke 11 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Hi guys, tomorrow I go to to see my insultant* consultant, after what was, I hope, my last session of Chemo last Wednesday and a CT scan to discover what’s occurring in my empty depths. I am prepared for any verdict, had enough time to get the family prepped as well. They gave me some more fancy meds to carry me through, but this morning and all over the weekend I felt absolutely horrible. Coughing up so much crap, seemed to be issuing from Sinuses, nose and chest: felt really ill. Now, some 3 hours later, I am beginning to feel better and most of the inner pollution has cleared up. For which I am truly grateful: no one wants to spend hours over the toilet bowl, coughing up garbage from the Inner Man.

*Actually, the consultant is a really good guy and has guided myself and fellow patients with care and empathy.

Whatever the verdict is, I will deal with it as I have always dealt with stuff: meet it head on. The family are a great strength and support to me. SWMBO is atm having her hair done in Louth. When she returns, I will give her a big hug and sloppy snog, as a small apology for being so ratty over the last few days.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Viewing 21 replies (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 3,634

A few years back my girl was having issues with an eye doctor. Basically the great and concerned 50 year old man left, and the next session his understudy/replacment had a totally different outlook, ie he wasn’t sure so hewill discharge her. I asked for a second opinion. Given his bosses earlier views.

Waited about 3 months, finally got an appointment for a second hospital miles away, Turned up same F-ing doctor and team. I didn’t keep calm that day. I lost my shit tbh. Totaly waist of mine, my daughters (taken out of school) and the NHSs resources.

Anyway, good luck next week bob. If there is a set back, don’t let it get to you too much I’ve found cancer is like a war, a number of small battles you need to get through, some you win some you lose, but all you can do is stay positive and keep matching along, one foot at a time, one day at a time.

I’m sure you’ll be with us a while yet. However if your Internet decides to break. Get in the old 3 or 4g even if it’s to say hi! You had a few of us (at least) a bit worried last month. (or the one before).

You’ll be fine.

Viewing 21 replies (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!
close-image