Forumite

Trump owes me £800!

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Because of the Trumper persecuting Huawei my Mate 20 Pro could be unable to do banking and the like fairly soon.

So I went a bit nuts and got a OnePlus 8 Pro, 12 GB and 256 GB.  Amazon had them on offer for the same price as the 8 GB/128 GB model from all the reputable sites.

Spent a lot of the day (in-between various real-life stuff) scratching my bonce. Passwords :scratch:

Got it all set up with what I think I need, half of the stuff on my Mate 20 Pro is never used.

Only limited use so far but by f*ck it’s quick. It’s also BIG. Still fits in my pocket nicely though.

Should, with luck, be able to get some photos using it tomorrow.

Size comparison between OnePlus 8 Pro, Mate 20 Pro and Mi Mix 3 5G below. Same order as the text.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,540

That’s got more ram and the same storage as the two PCs I’ve just built! Cost a bit more too.

You won’t fit mine in your pocket though.

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,529

Honestly if it wasn’t for Trump being a rsole I’d have kept my Mate 20 Pro. It’s still an amazing phone even after about 22 months as my main phone. Which is a record for me I think.

If it can’t do secure stuff then it’s basically a camera, for me.

The power of phones now is insane, even the Mi Mix 3 5G is plenty for most people, still under £300 on a good day.

The 8 Pro should last me enough time to save the money to buy another bonkers phone, I’m looking at 18 months +, unless Trump get’s back in. :negative:

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Got some photos down Penarth front at high tide this morning, also got some great slow-mo but the files are huge!

Participant
    The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,715

I’ve got the 7 pro, 8gb ram and 256gb storage. a year on I have no earge to look for another. It fly’s and the 120hz screen is brilliant.

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

No surprise Steve, got the 5T in storage, loved that phone. OnePlus still offer great VFM even if the prices have gone up.

Like you said, the screen is insanely good, 4K Netflik is stunning. The speakers are also brilliant.

Still getting to grips with the camera capability but got some good slow motion stuff yesterday and today down Penarth front. Put some on my Instagram, @backonbikes.

Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 3,136

Do they still take JPG screenshots? That was something I never could get over on the 5 that I had.

They are good phones, and almost stock. Did like the one I had for a while – seem to remember selling it when I got the Pixel 3a, as camera on that was better.

Still rocking the iPhone as the main phone though :whistle:

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Sorry for the double post but I’m mildly inebriated, should have explained that Oneplus still do cracking screen shots

Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 3,136

I think it was mainly as not taking the screenshots in PNG meant that it ended up breaking my photo filing automation, as I would have software running to check for JPG and PNG uploads and then move them to different folders – one in to my photos folder and the other in to screenshots, as that was often the only reason I had PNG files on my phone!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.