Forumite

Unwell again.

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

Guys, I may be hospitalised tomorrow. I have been suffering severe abdominal pains since Saturday last, violently sick 3 times, today was just green bile, so I know the bile duct blockage has returned. Eaten very little for a week. This afternoon managed to get an appointment with a GP, but it was a Practice Nurse. Tried to tell her what it was and that Grimsby hospital had told me they would readmit me if I informed them. She decided it was constipation! Prescribed Sennakot. Take it as soon as you get it, she said. Well that will be difficult since you put that out to private delivery, I said.

So tomorrow I will phone the department that treated me last and ask for re-admittance. Packing a bag now, know what this is and so does the hospital. Don’t blame the young female PN, she was working from a computer and a book of rules. But I should have seen my GP and he will know about that soon. I even spoke to him on the phone, he still sent me to a PN. I wouldn’t mind so much, but they are not busy. There were 3 of us queueing at social distance to get in. There are 7 GP’s at my surgery, 4 on duty today, and every patient who came and went, was seen by a PN. WTF are the GP’s doing? Golf?

First time ever this surgery has let me down, in 20 years.

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,534

Sh%t, that sucks.

Best of luck Bob.

We’re all wishing you a good outcome.

👍

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 5,638

Now I can see where all the latest rants originated – overflowing bile!!! :yes: ;-)

Seriously though, good luck tomorrow for the hoped for outcome. Expect to be sucked in, sorted and kicked out, but I reckon you ( and SWMBO ) will be happier with you back home ASAP after having your problem dealt with.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers. :good:

Participant
    Mark Turner
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 904

Hope all goes well Bob

Best of luck

Participant
    The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,719

Good luck bob, figures crossed its something easily sortable.

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,545

Good luck Bob

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 16,933

Good luck Bob!

Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 3,138

Best of luck.

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 13,468

Thanks guys. JayCeeDee had it right: ” Expect to be sucked in, sorted and kicked out... ”

I spent an afternoon being shuffled around the hospital, had a CT scan and blood tests galore, was endlessly asked the same questions about what happened, how I felt, what were my regular meds, what was my medical history. I had already given all that to the paramedic during the journey and it was all typed upon a Pad, taken to the ward and put on their system. At the last question I had lost it, so pointed the umpteenth medical person to my records on the computer. If I had been asked another question about my stoma, someone would have been wearing his notes. EG: “Why is your stoma empty?” ME:  “Two reasons, one I am not eating much, as I already told you. Two, I changed it this morning, same as every morning.”

Now I told them I was feeling better atm, but it develops during the evening and night into pain, sickness and green bile vomit. These people then decided it was constipation, told me all the checks showed nothing wrong and discharged me, without transport. Fortunately my son was just finishing work and he came to pick me up. Got home, within an hour in pain again, soon over the toilet and vomiting. They prescribed a constipation mix which I have taken twice, to no result. Today not so bad, but if it continues I am off the Louth Hospital Treatment Centre and I shall be extremely annoyed. Worse, I will take my SWMBO.

That’ll teach ’em!

I'm out.

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 5,638

Posted my other reply before reading this one. Glad you’re home, but sorry I hit it on the nail – that was supposed to be tongue in cheek, not an actual prediction!!!

I wouldn’t have thought that someone with a stoma bag and a portion of their bowel missing would suffer from constipation, but that could just be my naivete on the subject.

Whichever way it moves, good luck and you’re right to take it back to them if their first efforts fail to resolve the issue. Just consider it an MoT failure that’s going back into the garage for them to get it right at the second attempt!! Once done you’ll be good for another year, at least!! :good: :yahoo:

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 13,468

Stoma sufferers get constipation JayCeeDee, although thankfully not as much as in the “Before” stage. The opposite kind of BM can be a big problem, I get that very rarely, also thankfully. The constipation has been a factor in this latest episode, but caused by other issues. Trying to get the medical profession to understand that, is another story.

I am actually much better today, been cheered by two family visits, from dear daughter with youngest granddaughter, then from Eldest granddaughter and her partner, up from Sleaford. Came to show me her new wheels, a 13 plate Fiesta 1.0 Litre Turbo Ecosport thingy. Lovely motor, but I still can’t get my head around such a tiny engine with a Turbo. As an ancient petrol head, it just does not seem right. Partner is a truckie and he loves it, so must be something about it.

Your TIC prediction was actually spot on!

I'm out.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.