US Anti-virus Companies Hacked

HOME Forums Tech Security Talk US Anti-virus Companies Hacked

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

You may remember last week’s report that three US A/V companies had been hacked. At the time there was no information with respect to which companies had software that failed to protect them. However I think we all made fairly accurate guesses on their names. As one report said – ‘Now we know that they do not sell Server Grade A/V software!’

This week the names have been revealed by Bleeping. As may have been guessed McCrappy heads a list which also contains Symantec (no surprise there) and Trend.

Spread the love
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,325

Thanks for that Ed. I can now give my neighbour down the road another reason why Mc.Crappy is garbage and not to be trusted. Not surprised about them or Symantec, but a bit surprised about Trend Micro. Never used them, but thought their rep was good.

I am NOT helping this neighbour remove McC and/or install something else: have spent too may times digging him out before and he listens but never takes it in.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love