USB ports

HOME Forums Tech Other Tech USB ports

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry

I have a HP COMPAQ 8300 SFF Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.20 GHZ 8GB RAM Win 10

It has 10 USB ports 4 front 6 rear, I have just learnt the ports are 4x USB 3.00 + 6 USB 2.00 wich is which I don’t know they all look the same to me.

It's said to be easy when you know how. If you don't know how, then you need the help of forumites.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,041

Often the USB 3.0 ones are blue instead of white.

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 5,252

+1

https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2014/01/12/How-to-tell-what-type-of-USB-connector-you-have-by-color.aspx

I also have yellow ports that are for power off or sleep charging, on my PC they are USB 2 and also high power. Have a look at the above link for some more options (you have to scroll down a bit)

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 13,902

A red port either means it is a power only port, or it is a port set aside for bios updates. Sometimes a different colour is used for this latter, mine is white, while usb2 ports are grey. Blue for usb3 seems to be the only consistent colour scheme I’ve seen.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Ed P.
    Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,134

According to THIS , if yours  is the SFF, then the four on the front are likely USB 2.0, the four ( blue ) together on the back panel, are USB 3.0 and the other two ( black ), together on the back panel,  are USB 2.0.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.